Buy a z06?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by cheet, Nov 15, 2004.

1. cheet

cheet OT Supporter

I recently sold my '97 supra and am considering selling my '94 as well. My idea was to get a z06 so I'm doing some research. There is no questioning its speed or looks :cool: . But I wanted to get your guys opinions on its reliability and how you think it will hold its value over the next year. :bigthumb:

2. torchC5

torchC5 Guest

I don't think there are any major reliability problems with Z06's. Go to www.corvetteforum.com for research. They have a lot of information and the members on there are very helpful and informative. Personally, I don't think you will go wrong with one.

3. TireSmoke

TireSmoke New Member

great cars.....cheapest super car on the market....only thing as fast (straight) for less is the 03/04 Cobras

4. Wickky

Wickky Guest

corvettes are cool but for the price u could pick up an 03/04 cobra and do some intake/exhaust/pulley swap and ull be on the bright side of 450rwhp maybe even more all those mods ur looking at about 1,600 dollars

5. MAD PUNK inDC

MAD PUNK inDC Sic Semper Tyrannis

They are pretty reliable. There have been some sporatic problems with the ignition/stearing locks, and there was some question about the 3rd gear synchos, but these problems seem to be few and far between. Anybody telling you, you should pick the Cobra over the ZO6 is smoking crack! The ZO6 simply outperforms the Cobra in every way, and the Cobra will never touch the Corvettes handling. The price differance is very small, so all the talk about "mods" can be tossed out the window, particularly considering how well the LS6 responds to even simple mods.

6. Wickky

Wickky Guest

ya 20,000 is a small difference

7. MAD PUNK inDC

:ugh: wtf are you talking about. A used Zo6 goes for about the same price as an 03/04 Cobra.

8. Wickky

Wickky Guest

as a new 03/04 cobra

9. Holes02

Holes02 New Member

LSx based engines have already proven to be very reliable.
    The aftermarket support for these cars has already proven to be VERY big.

10. MAD PUNK inDC

not from what I've seen online. Anyway it doesn't matter, you're still getting alot more car with a Zo6.