Buttons flickering on Eclipse head unit

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by veonake, Aug 18, 2004.

1. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Just bought a new Eclipse 5444 head unit and installed it today. However, at night four of the buttons will flicker occasionally and simultaneously (Open, 1, 6, RTN). This happens whether the system is turned on or not (to rule out power drops from my amplifier). Any ideas of what might be causing this and how to fix it?

2. Bavarian3

Bavarian3 OT Supporter

my 8053 flickers when i put my headlights on. not sure why it does it but i just turn the display off at night.

3. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Talked to Eclipse, looks like the deck doesn't like using the illumination wire from the wiring harness on cars with dimmers. So, they said I need to connect the illumination wire directly to my headlight switch so that it uses a more constant power source with higher output as well I guess. I will try to this tomorrow, figured posting this might help others out who are experiencing similar issues.

4. Hatchy

Hatchy Not just the President

Mine does the same thing. Let us know how it works out.

5. Dr.JuliusHibbard

Dr.JuliusHibbard New Member

That is excatly what needs to be done. The 04 Eclipses all have to be connected to a non-fading dimmer wire to light up properly. It is seeing a wierd voltage off of the dimmer and does not know wether to turn the lights on or off.

6. MacAlert

MacAlert Maxima driver OT Supporter

I have no problems with my CD8454. But then again I did not install it and I have no idea what my installer did.