MMA butterbean v goodridge, does anyone care?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by apman0000, Mar 28, 2008.

1. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

lol is it possible to be less enthused for an event as this yamma pit fighting thing?

Eric "Butterbean" Esch is a professional Super-Heavyweight boxer, kickboxer and mixed martial artist. Esch has held the title of IBA World Super-Heavyweight Champion, as well as the WWA World Heavyweight title. Esch stands 5 ft 11 tall and weighs 398lbs.

Gary "Big Daddy" Goodridge, a UFC/Pride/K-1 veteran, was born in Trinidad & Tobago and now resides in Ontario, Canada. Goodridge is known for his devastating strikes and showmanship. He first turned heads in the MMA scene with his victory over Paul Herrera in UFC 8: David vs Goliath. Goodridge is also a top-ranked contender in professional arm wrestling. He stands 6 ft 3 in tall and weighs 240lbs.

2. dengar

dengar seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir! OT Supporter

Their main event fight has fallen apart twice.

So far this whole thing has turned into one big mess.

3. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

i keep hoping for some of these orgs to take away from the UFC but they all just become total clusterfucks and fail immediately

makes me sad

4. Goodridge by KO (cheesesteak)

5. yamma was destined to be a clusterfuck from the get-go

6. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

Seriously butterbean wasn't even a good boxer, what the fuck is this shit, he should try sumo next.

7. one-shot fight-ending power is more important in MMA, not to mention guys have worse boxing, so the bean is actually better in MMA, as far as that goes.

8. Redneck Shinobi

Yeah there are people with worse boxing, I am impressed with his cardio, at least I remember his old fights, he didn't seem to tire like I'd expect. I just don't see him beating people when that's all he's got. Anyone with any respectable ground game is gonna make him look like a fool. I mean he'll have the weight advantage on the ground, but that doesn't make up for skill. I haven't actually watched any of his recent MMA or followed his training at all so I'm not sure how conditioned he actually is for MMA, but I remember watching him get his ass handed to him on several occasions on the ground. Even Mas Oyama who could punch a bull dead with 1 punch didn't like the fact that he didn't really get to test his true potential. I dunno I have a pretty mean punch myself, but if I went into the ring thinking that it'd save me, I'd be a fucking moron.

9. Tanner Rhoden

Tanner Rhoden New Member

If Gary decides to stand and trade with him he'll be KO'd quick.

10. the only thing saving butterbean from absolute embarassment is that heavyweights in MMA are low-skill by and large, and suck.

11. Redneck Shinobi

That's what I've been saying for years about UFC HW's don't get me wrong there are some with talent, but the majority suck ass. People suggest that if I ever thought of actually fighting that I drop down to 205 but fuck that. Why fight harder opponents when I got top of the line cans :rofl:. I still got years worth of training left before I could even think about it, and by then there will most likely be some actual talent at that level :wtc:. I get really excited when a heavyweight match is about to start, then the first 20 seconds of contact is fun, then everyone is fucking gassed and dances for the remaining 14 minutes.

12. all I have to say: Alistair Overeem's performances vs. heavyweights vs. his performances vs. LHW

13. Redneck Shinobi

Holy fuck you know what I never noticed that. The LHW made him look like a fucking punching bag, whereas the HW made him a star, except the obvious ones. Funny cause Fedor and Cro Cop and probably some other talented HW's out there are 30 pounds lighter than the limit also.

14. Kuet

Kuet New Member

i feel the same about this fight as i do most of your posts :mamoru:
    jk

no this fight does not interest me in the slightest.

15. yeah, and while sergei (second time) and werdum may have beaten them, he beat the shit out of them and looked like an elite heavyweight before losing.

and you're right: fedor and mirko could both make LHW if they wanted.

I don't know what the deal is.