SRS BuSpar. Anyone taken it?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Mugen92GS-R, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

Was just put on BuSpar (7.5mg 2x daily) for my anxiety. Anyone ever used this stuff before? If so, what were your thoughts? How long did it take to feel it working? etc...

Thanks.

2. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

What are you taking it for?

A rare side effect is extrapyramidal symptoms including Tardive Dyskenesia (irreversible, involuntary movement).

I personally will not take any drugs with that as a side effect. I cannot think of a condition where Tardive Dyskenesia would be preferable to actually having the condition.

Also, do not mix it with grapefruit juice.

3. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

Well, thanks for telling me everything I already know, and nothing I don't know. I did talk to my physician about these things you know...

And I already said I'm taking it for anxiety (GAD if that's what you meant). Given that I did a search and EVERY thread with BuSpar had 0 replies, at least I got one.

But I'm looking for peoples EXPERIENCE with it... personally.

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

whoa, maybe you should be taking it for hostility, too :ugh:

Anyway, you might want to email OT user Cerridwen. He uses/has used it. Right now he has a self-imposed ban so you can't PM him, but you can go to his profile and email him.

http://forums.offtopic.com/member.php?u=106347

5. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

Sorry for being an ass :hs:

I've been really drowsy all day, but I can tell it's doing something. I haven't really been anxious, and (lol, I know) I even tried thinking about things that used to get me GOING and I barely even batten an eyebrow at it... I just hope I'm not this drowsy as time goes on... I kinda felt like a zombie :rofl::hs:

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Are you going to cut down pot use? Don't think it's very wise to smoke a lot of pot on that, especially in the beginning.

7. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

I'll take it by year... I only took 2 hits earlier to test the water, and I got more high than I normally would have off of it... so I'm going to take it easy.

8. Fuzion

Fuzion heaven and hell

i was prescribed it for gad as well. Did absolutely nothing besides making my body feel twitchy w a general uneasy feeling. Told the doc that n got some Xanax.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008