GUN Businessman who grabbed a thug for smashing a window is charged with assault

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jul 7, 2008.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Businessman who grabbed a thug for smashing a window is charged with assault
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bed-thug-smashing-window-charged-assault.html

A businessman was stunned when he detained a yob for smashing a shop window only to be charged by police with assault.

Steve Kink apprehended a thug after catching him breaking into a mobile phone shop late at night.

Although the 47-year-old was punched in the face, he managed to pin the offender to the floor.

Passers-by called the police while he stood over him until officers arrested the 25-year-old man.

Mr Kink, who owns a tattoo parlour, was stunned when he found out the next day the suspect had been let off with a caution for criminal damage.

But his shock turned to fury when days later police officers turned up at his house to arrest him for assaulting the thug.

He was taken to his local police station and held in a cell for six hours before being interviewed.

He was then charged with assault and battery and is due to appear before magistrates next week.

Mr Kink said he is appalled at the way he is being treated. He said: 'I thought I was doing the right thing by making a bit of a citizen's arrest. All I did was use reasonable force to hold him down.

'The officers who turned up appeared grateful at first but now I am facing an assault charge.'

Mr Kink was sitting in his wife's town centre bar in Weymouth, Dorset, when he heard a security alarm go off.

He went outside and confronted two men stood near to the Phone Zone store which had a smashed window.

Mr Kink, who is registered disabled following a motorcycle accident 20 years ago, said he was met with a volley of abuse from the pair before being hit.

He said: '"I accused one of them of smashing the window and he said "'what the f*** has it got to do with you?"

'He then took a swing at me and punched me just under my left eye. I grabbed hold of him and managed to sweep one of his legs from under him and I held him there by putting the toe of my shoe on his shoulder blade.

'There were lots of other people around at this stage and somebody had hold of the other bloke he was with. When the police arrived I stepped back and he kicked off at them. When he was put in the police car he tried to kick in the windows.'

A few days later police turned up at Mr Kink's home. 'There were three police officers and a dog handler there. They told me I was being arrested for assault,' he said.

The owner of the Phone Zone store, who did not wish to be named, said he has been left out of pocket by the damage.

He said: 'I am very grateful for what Steve did and at the end of the day he has done the police's job for them.

'The damage to the window was £250 but I don't know how and when I am going to get that back.'

A spokesman for Dorset Police confirmed that Mr Kink had been charged with assault over the incident.

:ugh: :england:

2. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

Friendly reminder: do not attempt to usurp the function of the police in a police state.

3. I read the Daily Mail all the time, stories similar to this are pretty common over there.

4. whamola

whamola Tonight....you.

But they are sooo much better than us...

5. SNDP

SNDP New Member

I bet it's the punks pressing charges, not the cops. Even if it is the DA or police, the guy's just got to request a jury trial, and walk.

6. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

He will probably get off on it, but it's bullshit that they arrested him and threw him in jail in the first place.

Fuck England and their politics; they are the shining example of what happens when you are ruled by the tyranny of the minorities.

7. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

No wonder criminals own that nation.

8. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

He shouldn't have said a fucking thing to the police when they came.

Police: "What happened here?"
    Him: "They broke the window, threatened me, then punched me in the face."
    Police: "Then what happened?"
    Him: "If you'd like to interview me I'll need my lawyer."

Sometimes people just talk too much.

9. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Stopped reading after that line.

10. Liptonucf

Liptonucf wee woo wee woo wee woo

he apparently didnt press charges for battery?

11. Satanic Goatslayer

Satanic Goatslayer New Member

Pretty easy to do too. You get attacked and you restrain the assailant your "defense" is simply "I wanted to let him go but he kept threatening me. I had him held down and didn't want to be attacked again."

My question is why in the fuck is this guy being charged with assault when he was assaulted first? :ugh:

12. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 New Member

That happened a few years ago here in ct....scumbag emo/goth types hang out in the center of town in new milford, one kid jacks another into the window of a store, owner comes out and grabs kid and tells him to gtfo of there and then later owner gets arrested for it.

13. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

Or why in the FUCK is he being charged with assault when he clearly was being a good citizen (at least in my eyes, and most American's eyes) and stopping a crime from happening.

14. Admitted

Admitted I shouldn't be on OT right now.

England: A shining example of why I love America and the NRA.

15. Dadilius

Dadilius New Member

Sounds about like how the US is becoming......no suprise.

16. mauk

mauk OT Supporter

:wtc:

17. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nah if it happend here after Obamas elected he would get charged with a hate crime too.

18. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

Dang words from my mouth and yes I was thinking usurp :eek4:

19. Satanic Goatslayer

Satanic Goatslayer New Member

Well yeah, I think its bullshit that he's being charged with assault too, but the other guy should be charged with it and our hero has a case of self-defense.