business detailers. how many cars?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by quamen, Dec 12, 2003.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

I was wondering how many cars you guys do per season? my season only runs like 6-7 months tops since i live in the east, so that limits me. But anyone who details for a business, how many cars you do per season?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I can detail all year in the Dallas area, although working in 35 degree temps can really suck, especially if it is cloudy and windy. I average around 1000 cars a year, give or take 50 or so depending on the weather and any large projects I may have (like washing and waxing a 44' coach).

3. quamen

quamen New Member

OMG!!!! 1000 cars per year!!

Do you really mean 1000 cars scott wax, or a 100 cars? that is crazy!! how in the world do u even have time to do that many? that is almost imossible!! i believe you, but that is alike what 3 cars almost a day!! you must make mad loot!!! like well over 100 thousand dollars a year, as a mobile detailer? that is nuts, and mad props to you. how did u get ur business to be so sucessful?

4. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

i probably do 100 in the northeast..well im :x: for next year

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

This is my full time job, and not all the 1000 or so cars are details. On average, I have about 15-18 cars a week that are regular weekly wash customers alone. Another 4-5 I wash every two weeks and mix in details and wash/wax jobs and you can easily average more than 20 cars a week. Of course, when the weather turns to shit, I may have 2-3 cars in one week, but other weeks, I've had more than 30.

6. GSRstilez

GSRstilez New Member

Wow Scott. That's impressive...and still time to teach us your secrets! What a guy :bigthumb:

I am going to shoot for 7-10 cars a week from mid May until the end of August (my time off from college). While I can do them as full details, I hope to have many weekly washes which is quite cheap in product, but pays off well.