MMA Burning out?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by MyLittleAirport, Aug 24, 2006.

1. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

I seem to burn out a lot lately, I've only been going to jiujitsu like 3 times a week and I could go more but there are days when I just feel like shit from other factors in life that really bring me in a shitty state to the point where I just want to sleep all day.

And now that school is starting next week and my schedule is going to be more hectic with more training in it (will be adding kickboxing and wrestling season is coming up also, and throw in boxing/jiu jitsu and lifting) , I don't know how long I will last, my friends don't train at all but they do lift sometimes and it just seems like I'm missing out on a lot of stuff when they go to movies/hang out/etc. Like there are times when I feel like right now is the time I should be trying to take advantage of my youth for sports but at the same time I feel like I'm going to miss out on a lot of things that everyone does around my age and will regret it later.

How do you guys not burn out so quickly and not let other factors in your life bring you down emotionally and physically??

2. Mega-JC: Da Return

Mega-JC: Da Return Tiger Knee!

take a week off to recover. I get like that every now and then. You just need some time off.

3. SquirtRussel

SquirtRussel OT Supporter

a week off does wonders for me as far as energy goes, but regarding the "taking advantage of your youth" thing... it can be a difficult choice, but i find that if you really try, good time management can let you accomplish both athletic and social goals :dunno:

4. KingJeff

KingJeff New Member

only 3x a week? i barely make it to 2 classes.

5. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Yeah there's always too much going on in my life for me to train consistently. :hs:

6. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

just remind yourself of the great feeling you will receive after training through thick and thin and winning!

7. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

if you dont enjoy it.. theres no point. are you going to be a professional pride fighter? No? then why are you making it a job? train only as much as you have desire to. some people just like theses sports more than other people, its that simple.

8. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

:hug: thanks, I took a lil break and now I'm back with a lil more motivation, school also started and for some reason that always makes me a lil more focused onmy training also.