Burning DVD's

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dunitlongpole, Jan 14, 2008.

1. dunitlongpole

dunitlongpole New Member

I am looking for some blank DVD's to buy when I buy my new macbook pro. I looked at the disks they had on the apple website. I was looking specifically at Verbatim DVD-R 16X. All of the reviews on the apple site are negative, but when I look elsewhere, the reviews are positive...

What blank DVD's do you recommend to use? Does anyone have experience with Verbatim DVD-R 16X?

Thanks

2. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

i've always read that verbatim were considered the best.
    i like ritek and taiyo yuden.

i'm not in the whole dvd media scene, but i remember reading that there are only a few companies that produce all the dvd media, so you might actually be buying the same stuff when you buy different brands.

i've never had trouble with any brand. one key thing that always makes the difference is the burning speed. 16x sounds nice, but it can cause a jumpy picture on some dvd players.
    i always burn at <4x and make sure that the purple side of the disk is free of dust particles before i burn.

i have 2 identical dvd players. i have found that one of them will not tolerate dvds burnt over 8x (regardless of media or burner) and the other dvd player doesn't care, it works fine.

3. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

i try to stick to Ritek for the most part...

4. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

I've been using Sony (yeah I hate them) and TDK mostly.