Burned DVD's on XBOX

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mastermojo, Dec 1, 2004.

1. mastermojo

mastermojo Guest

How come when I burn DVD's to my Memorex 8x DVD+R's, that some of them will work fine in the Xbox and others won't. I burned Braveheart and Italian Job, and Braveheart will play on PC and Xbox, but the Italian Job will only work on my PC. Why is this?

2. korrupshun

korrupshun New Member

cuz memorex sucks..........not to mention the xbox drive can be pretty damned picky....is your box modded? or are you just trying to play movies youve burned?

my suggestion is this, go to http://www.xbox-scene.com/ and figure out what dvd drive you have (phillips, thompson, or samsung) then do some research as to what media will/wont work on your drive ...ie samsung drives play damn near anything but phillips and thompson can give you hell

3. mastermojo

mastermojo Guest

I know that I have Phillips drive, and I doubt that its the media because I burned braveheart to one of the discs and thats works fine in my box, but the Italian Job burned to the same disc type won't work, unless some of my discs from the same spindle are corrupted and others aren't. Also, I have a non-modded box, and it has played the three dvd's i burned before this just fine, it just wont play the two copies of italian job that I have burned.

4. korrupshun

korrupshun New Member

any error messages? as in dirty disc, region messages, etc?

also describe the steps you take to burn it, in particular are you decrypting it before you burn?