GUN Burgler falls to his death home owner cited

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Aug 21, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:madfawk: WTF shit like this really pisses me off

Staircase death lands Brighton homeowner in trouble
    By Jessica Fargen
    Boston Herald Health & Medical Reporter
    Monday, August 21, 2006 - Updated: 10:55 AM EST

A Brighton homeowner is in trouble with the city because an alleged break-in artist fell to his death early yesterday from a set of rickety exterior stairs attached to the man’s two-story house.
    The owner, whom the city did not identify, will be cited today for having an unsafe and dangerous structure at his two-family home at 89-91 Dustin St., said Lisa Timberlake, spokeswoman for the Inspectional Services Department.
    “It was not properly secured,” Timberlake said of the stairs.
    She said it’s unclear whether the stairs, which are connected to the side of the house, were used for emergencies or everyday use.
    A man who said he owned the home, but refused to give his name, told the Herald yesterday that the intruder climbed the wrought-iron spiral steps at 2:20 a.m. The interloper was kicking in a door that led to the owner’s entrance when the stairs gave way, the man said.
    The well-kept $550,000 home is owned by Michael and Maryellen Grant, according to the Suffolk County Registry of Deeds. A man who answered the phone at the home yesterday said Michael Grant was not in.
    Timberlake said the owner, who lives on the second floor, is in the process of appealing a violation given about six months ago for the same staircase. The owner was issued the first violation after the department received complaints from neighbors, she said.
    Boston police are investigating. The interloper was taken to St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center after the collapse and pronounced dead. Police did not release his identity.

[email protected]. Mike Adaskaveg and Michael Givens contributed to this report.

2. Gimik

Gimik New Member

They should just have him fix the stairs...

3. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

I am seriously going to break into someones house, trip, and sue them. I need the money, and I think I can win the case.

4. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

No wai. A burgular fell to his death. Even though the burgular had no business there in first place and was even committing a crime on the property........

5. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

They are doing this because the owner was suppose to keep everything within county code. What if it was a fireman trying to help a person? All these structure codes are in place to protect emergency personels and the owner didn't keep to them.

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Needs pungi stick pit under the stairs.

7. Accord

Accord New Member

Before I clicked on the thread I was trying to guess if this happened in Commiefornia, Peoples Republik of New York, or Assachusetts.

I guessed Commiefornia :(.

8. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

I would have put my money on somewhere in the UK. A lot of burglars are killing themselves recently trying to break into people's homes :mamoru:

9. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

this fucking sucks... make him fix the stairs but nothing else!!!

makes me sick that a criminal can profit from an attempted robbery even if the retard fails...

10. MrSlappyPants

MrSlappyPants New Member

Just make sure it's not another member of the WMD forum's home... dead men tell no tales.... nor do they win any money for sueing someone. :o

11. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Heard this on the radio when I was driving home yesterday. Figured Id see it on here.

There are way too many vag-asses now adays.

12. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

not the first time i've heard of something like this...