Bullet to the head, blood on the glass?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Imperdimper, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Imperdimper

Imperdimper New Member

Well, I had intended to make an intricate story about a mob hit, full of vivid descriptions and a moving storyline. But the wait time to get approved to Offtopic kind of pulled all the spunk out of me. That's ok, I can still do a half-assed story with the intention of getting my question answered...

Okay, let's start off with this guy named Tony (nah, not Tony Sorpano, some other Tony). He's been talking with the Feds and the family knows. He has a price on his head, but he doesn't know. Life is fine for him, he whistles as he walks to his Caddy. Tony has the habit of starting his car with his remote, can't be too careful, right? He does that today, no explosion, but he wasn't expecting one. Tony opens the door and sits down. Just as he's closing the door he sees a 'glint' in the corner of his right eye, coming from beyond the passenger window. He never gets the chance to turn and see what it was, the bullet was too fast. Tony was dead before traveled half-way through his brain. He never saw his own blood splattered on the driver's side window.

My question is, how exactly does that blood get splattered on the window? Isn't the spray caused by the bullet exiting the body? If that's the case, where does the bullet go? It seems like it would continue on, making a hole in the glass. But in all Hollywood productions there is never a hole, or shattered glass, just the blood splatter.

Is this just Hollywood? Causing a graphic spectacle by showing the last remnants of thought splattered on the window, or is it how real life is? If it's real life, what causes the splatter? And what happens with the bullet?

2. Bailey

Bailey OT Supporter

3. orlum

orlum New Member

omg in for answer :noes:

4. Akimbo

Akimbo New Member

i dunno but i had reese's for breakfast

5. Imperdimper

Imperdimper New Member

Oh, if this is the level of the intelligence here at Offtopic, I think I found the wrong forum to ask questions.

The first responder doesn't know how to spell 'what', doesn't know how to hold shift and push the ? key, doesn't know how to form a sentence.

The second response uses 'omg', also doesn't know how to form a sentence, and in general makes no sense.

The third responder apparently doesn't know that the keyboard contains a 'shift' key, or a period. This person doesn't know how to form the words 'don't know'. And the sentence, while semi-proper, has nothing to do with anything.

Couldn't there be some sort of warning somewhere? Something saying that anything you write will be responded to by unintelligible comments by a bunch of 12-year-olds? I read a lot of things when I was signing up for this board, but I never read that. Is it hidden somewhere in the FAQs? Is there a sticky that gives all the facts?

6. Mr. Badass

Mr. Badass New Member

in real life, the bullet would most likely get embedded in tony's head and there would be no splatter of blood.

/thread.

7. Rumbaar

Rumbaar Inherent Omniscience OT Supporter

Certainly know that feeling ... I joined here for something and by the time I got in I couldn't remember what it was.

Oh and for the posters, I guess that's how you get such large post counts around here. Random post of 'die' or 'you suck', etc

Now only in Hollywood is your answer. I would guess that if the bullet was able to break through the side of the head but at a slow speed not as to reach the glass/break it. There would less force to splatter the blood around.

But I tend to see splatters on side windows or glasses that can have the impact but not be in the path of the bullet.

8. drklrdbill

drklrdbill Pimp

wat is a meme here

9. drklrdbill

drklrdbill Pimp

err "wat" is a meme here. i wasn't asking

10. Imperdimper

Imperdimper New Member

Hey Mr. Badass and Rumbaar, it's good to see that there is some intelligence around here, after those first three responses I was a little concerned.

Bailey, orlum and Akimbo, you need-not worry, there are plenty of organizations out there that are willing to help those with below average IQs, all you need to do is ask. I understand writing is a problem for you three, so you may want to call these organizations instead of emailing. If you need help, please ask, I'm more than willing to assist those that are lacking the mentality to function in normal society.

As for my original question, and responses to the actual messages I received back... Yeah Mr. Badass, I see what you mean. Though I was wondering about the splatter and the lack of a hole. But you did help out, it supplies further evidence that Hollywood is playing a huge part in the hole scenario.

Rumbaar, I'm most thankful to you. You got to the heart of the matter, plus you apparently know that a keyboard does contain a Shift key. Not to mention that properly formed sentences apparently don't scare you as much as the first three responders.

I had wondered how these people had SO MANY posts, yet said so little, and the two responses I did receive had so few. It is now apparent that they never add anything to posts. Is this type of thing common around here?

And back to my original question, and your response. You seemed to help out the most, further proving that it is a Hollywood scene, and not something that would be experienced in real life. I guess all I need to do now is to join the mob and find a rat to kill. Well, either that or write Mythbusters.

Take care Mr. Badass and Rumbaar, I hope we have additional interactions in the future.

11. Meat Popsicle

Meat Popsicle What's that smell? OT Supporter

get a brain moran

12. e.pie

e.pie Active Member

YOU MAD DUMB SON

13. SoonDubu

SoonDubu The most honest moment in a man's life is the five OT Supporter

diaf noob skum sucka

14. burn__

burn__ New Member

so wait, so the kid that pulled the swored from the stone was the future king arthur? :uh: it all makes sense now

15. Durkastan

Durkastan New Member

wow a mob story, totally original idea

16. ShatteredGlassEdge

ShatteredGlassEdge New Member

17. timatom90

timatom90 New Member

18. harleysilo

harleysilo New Member

I don't understand the part of your story that I increased the font size of.

19. fcheerleader

fcheerleader New Member

20. tedistkrieg

tedistkrieg Exploited Filth

IRL bullet gets stuck in head. Unless its a hollow point bullet or seomthing and it expands in the head making a pretty big mess. Ive never seen that happen with a pistol though. Ive seen my fair share of people who died from bullet wounds to the head. Cant remember a situation where the bullet went clear through the other side and brains/blood splattered out from a pistol.

21. FX2000

FX2000 Active Member

Ohio state, son

22. Gops

Gops .::Seinfeld::.

....wtf

23. burn__

burn__ New Member

24. jonez177

jonez177 New Member

oh the ironing.

you can't tell the difference between hollywood & real life, but call OT brainless?

25. Madvillain

Madvillain OT Supporter

this shit is hilarious