Bulking without getting a gut?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by The Militant, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

I've been working on and off for almost a year now without any huge results that are a direct result of me not sticking to anything. Anyways I'm back at it but I'm trying to put some mass on.

I'm not overweight or out of shape but I'm nowhere near where I wanna be. Some kids just eat everything in sight (aside from the obvious like pizza etc..) to put on some weight, but it seems like if I eat alot, it just helps maintain this pouch on my stomach. I know with enough cardio and ab workouts ( I do the Ab Ripper X from p90x after any workout) I can lose the pouch and see some abs again. But that would probably have me losing weight when I want the opposite to happen.
    I got the typical college cafe meal plan, with some spare money to spend on stuff to buy if neccesary, I got the time to workout more than twice a day, and can stick to a meal plan because of the time. Any tips or anywhere to guide me in the right direction?

2. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

Trenbolone Acetate

3. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Can't spot reduce fat. I find working out abs helps me keep my stomach 'in check' but it will still get larger. You'll want some mass on your abs for when you finally do cut anyways.

Decide what's more important for the next 6 months, being lean or getting big. If you'd rather get big, then don't worry so much about your stomach.

4. Memor

Memor Active Member

You're going to have to accept that you're gonna be putting on a little padding when you go on a bulk. But how much you put on will depend on the type of food you're eating. If you eat clean foods frequently and in hefty amounts, you'll obviously be better off aesthetically, but that usually takes a lot more effort and time than just pounding pizza or burger king. Up to you. And just doing ab stuff won't do dick for you, you need to train your whole body while you up your food intake or you're setting sail for fail.

5. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

I have tried the opposite and gone ALL out and saw MINIMAL weight gain as a whole but my stomach just decided to balloon. I have a fast metabolism so gaining weight period is hard, and when I do it's like the majority of it goes into my gut. I've also cut down on drinking so much alcohol

also I don't just work out my abs, I got a pretty decent routine for arms, shoulds, legs, back, chest and shit I just mentioned that I try to do abs along with whatever I'm doing for that specific day.

6. Memor

Memor Active Member

post more specifics then, what do your current diet and routine look like?

7. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

I can diet on 2700-3000cals a day and have not had a problem putting weight on. Harden the fuck up.

As far as training your abs, I like to do planks after my AM cardio a few times a week.

8. Shiftknob

Shiftknob New Member

do a little cardio, nothin overboard, gradually increase calories and dont get stupid with wendys and shit like 'omg im bulking'

9. jdm-cd5

jdm-cd5 Guest

what are planks?

10. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

11. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

current diet is all over the place, i pretty much avoid the obvious like alot of mcdonalds, pizza, and junk food although i do cheat from time to time. I try to eat ALOt at once though like 2 turkey sandwhiches on wheat, alot of yogurt, fruits, and maybe a tuna sandwhich too

As for my routine
    monday is chest and back
    wednesday is arms and shoulders
    and friday is legs and back
    and whatever im feelin on saterday

i usually run a quick mile or 10minutes on the bike for warm up and finish up with the ab ripper x, this week im goin heavy targeting the same shit. The workouts are a mix between some of the p90x shit and stuff my roommate and i know from football

12. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

you are probably eating 11ty billion carbs a day on your bulk, tends to encourage fat storage.

13. reminisce

reminisce OT Supporter

i bolded your problem, if you want it bad you gotta work for it and strict up your diet. tone down on the bread, yogurt, and fruits and get yourself into a caloric deficit.

14. CrackityJones

CrackityJones OT Supporter

:werd: :bowdown:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.