Bulking~~~~ Questions

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Danoldo, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danoldo

Danoldo Lollercaust

I've started my bulking routine. I am on adderall (very large dose, prescribed). It is a stimulant and definitely has effects on my appetite. I work out for an hour or two every day but want to make sure my diet is appropriate for weight gains.

I make a shake with fat free milk put together with 2 Scoops of Muscle Milk and 4 scoops of Cytogainer which is:

Gainer-
    Calories: 910 (with milk)
    Fat: 5g
    Carbs: 80g
    Diet fiber:4g
    Sugars:5g
    Protein:56g

I combine this with 2 scoops of Muscle Milk
    Calories:638 (with milk)
    Total fat: 18g
    Total carbs: 12g
    diet fiber: <2g
    Sugars:6g
    Protein: 32g

I try to eat as much as possible but sometimes I dont always eat as much as i'd like.
    For instance, this morning I ate two cups of egg whites which is:
    Calories: 240g
    Carbs: 8g
    Protein: 48g

I try to eat a couple chicken breasts everyday. Pasta at night, etc....

My biggest concern is if its alright to replace not eating as much with adding more shakes. I take 2 shakes a day right now because I know I cant eat every couple hours....

the 2nd shake I will drink about half before/during workout and the rest after words.

Is this type of intake alright for the body to produce at peak performance or do I HAVE to eat more food?

Oh yah, i'll try and eat as much tuna as I can everyday...usually 2 cans

2. Danoldo

Danoldo Lollercaust

I just have always thought that nothing can replace eating.

I mean, when I drink the shake, I hope it works in place of eating food....but for some reason when I think of the body and how it digests.....it makes me feel like when you eat food, it will give you the best guarantee to build instead of drinking 3982470 shakes a day

3. Danoldo

Danoldo Lollercaust

Lastly, i've always been under the impression that, while one is bulking, doing cardio can be to a disadvantage.

I am DEFINITELY looking for a cut 6 pack with a nicely toned body. Some people do not have the ability to get that "perfect body" simply because of genetics. I am very fortunate to have this ability. I've always known nutrition because my mother is a triathlete (or was until she was 45, she's now 46). My father was a tech but owns his own shops now and has maintained a "broad build" aka big arms big shoulders, 34-36 waist, without really watching his weight. But my mothers parents and immediate family members have always had problems with obesity.

I've noticed, since I turned 21, that my metabolism did slow down a little bit, I could no longer eat ANYTHING I wanted WHENEVER I wanted. I start to get a belly.

The nice thing though is that I can see visual changes almost instantly. If I bulk and work out hard, I hear most people will gain fat weight along with muscle because of the large amount of intake. Whenever I have bulked for a week or two, I notice results in terms of all my clothes fitting loose around my stomach area and tighter around my upper torso/arms. And you can just literally see the difference in the mirror.

So, I was thinking, if I can see results in such a fast way, would doing cardio inhibit my ability to build muscle or would it just kick my body's change into overdrive without having any deficiencies in muscle building?

edit: I would like to do this bulking routine for about 4 months. I am 6'3, 200lbs right now and would like to be about 6'3, 220-230 in 4 months....if it takes a little bit longer, thats fine, but that is my goal right now and by all the reading i've done, it sounds realistic.

If im very successful and see the results im desiring, who knows, I may do the routine for much longer...

4. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

You can't count the milk in that first shake twice.. you say

gainer w/ milk and muscle milk w/ milk.. but if you're putting all those scoops in the same 2 cups of milk.. meh

5. Danoldo

Danoldo Lollercaust

I use about a 1/3 gallon of milk in every shake

and I drink at least another 1/3rd of milk throughout the day if not the entire 2/3rd's

I've always been a milk finatic......I've drank almost a gallon of milk a day since I was 16

edit: like right now, im drinking a shake (used at least a 1/3 gallon) with my egg whites/cottage cheese and I have a glass of milk here as well

6. N-Word-Jim

N-Word-Jim Cure for boredom

It sounds like you have a plan together, and it looks like you've done a decent bit of research. It doesn't sound like you have a whole lot of experience with pushing your body/changing your body though, so it may take some time to figure out exactly what you need. Don't be afraid to experiment and change things up if you aren't seeing the desired results. You'll figure it out as you go along ;)

Good luck

7. Danoldo

Danoldo Lollercaust

well, all my knowledge really comes from reading 20394820394823 different things and infering from what i've read, what the best way to do things is. And its pretty easy to tell when something is credible or not. I'm not at all ignorant to how the body works and what it needs to gain....but when it comes to personal gains, no, I do not have a lot of experience, as I have never made *large changes* to my body before....aka putting on lots of muscle. I'll stick with this routine for a couple months, and in all honesty, I think it will work.

8. Danoldo

Danoldo Lollercaust

My main worry is,

How hindering is it to replace food with shakes? Because of my medication, it's such an appetite suppressant, its hard to physically shove all that shit down my system

9. JAFAR

JAFAR FPS whore OT Supporter

Dude. I can tell you're on Adderall just by how much shit you posted.

10. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

well, i don't think it is bad every once in awhile, but whole foods are always > shakes

just take a month or so to slowly expand what you can eat in a day. you probably can't put a lot down because you aren't used to it, your stomach needs to stretch out a good bit. once you get eating 5-6x a day, you will be able to put down 4000 calories easily.

11. ralyks

ralyks New Member

DEE OH TEE

Get the doctor to perscribe marijuana to negate the adderall effect.

12. tb151

tb151 New Member

holy crap just reading your posts I can tell that your on some serious concentration drugs.....Reminds me of when we used to snort it in college before playing in our intra fraternity ping pong tourny's :)

13. Danoldo

Danoldo Lollercaust

:rofl: :rofl:

I'm always "long winded", my friends remind me of this daily

14. Danoldo

Danoldo Lollercaust

I take 120mg of adderall a day

15. Crunge

Crunge New Member

:eek4:

16. pt

pt New Member

Your method is fine... because you aren't just drinking straight whey. Just consume it with milk or some form of solid food, and you'll be good to go.

Focus more on your daily totals and training (big picture).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.