Bulking Nutrition Questions

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Ep, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ep

Ep Guest

So I read Batemans thread so I'll give you the full details. I'm 21years old 5'10 145 pounds. Ectomorph body type. Literally not one fat person in my immediate bloodline. I have eaten junk food my entire life along with around 3 meals a day. Obviously never gained shit for weight. Been working out about 2-3 months now. Taking creatine, whey and attempting to eat 4k calories everyday. Now the questions... I talked to my buddy and he disgreed with some of the stuff I read on here. He's an ectomorph as well and bulking.. Here's what YOU said and what HE said. I have to fucking ask so I can know what's the deal, I'm not argueing or anything. Just trying to see watsup

You guys said way to many carbs in my diet. Don't even eat regular pasta, and if I do it has to have meat in it. He said the opposite. I need to worry more about carbs then protein.

You say as much protein as possible, he says protein is to regulate the body type. If I worry too much about protein, half of it won't be used because it will be used for energy in replacement of lack of carbs

You said eat right. Basically clean bulk, like a mesomorph would who wants to gain muscle no fat. He says obviously don't eat nothing but fast and junk food, but eat anything I can. I need not worry about what I'm eating as how MUCH i'm eating

Matrix said my whey shake is bullshit because it's a ton of maltodextrin, was just sugar. My friends says calories for the most part are calories.

You guys said forget regular carbs, go for complex carbs. He says complex carbs are obviously good, but take longer to break down. Meaning less room for me to eat more. Which actually hurts my bulking

He says eat more carbs then protein, and that 200 protein is too much. I need to worry about protein when I'm actually built.

Once again, just asking because I'm stupid and for the most part, he is not. I'm not saying he knows his shit about weight lifting, I'm just saying the kids much smarter than me when it comes to knowledge overall. I know a few of you might get pissed for some random reason but, just gotta except this type of thread. and thanks for anyone whose willing to help

2. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

carbs more important than protein when bulking, eat lots get big

protein u dont need much, 1g/lb is plenty. protein more important when cutting

clean bulk > dirty bulk

uh dont understand

read timbers post somewhere on page. it says it all comes down to calories and the other stuff isnt all that important,

3. Ep

Ep Guest

so what you're saying backs my friends statements

4. edo123

edo123 New Member

Just try and eat what gets you to the amount of calories you need to grow.

Obviously clean bulking is better than dirty bulking, but it aint easy to eat 5K+ calories clean, especially when ur not used to eating so much clean food.

In order to build muscle you gotta eat, eat, eat.

i suggest you try and clean bulk but if u cant,go get those calories from dirty foods. When u start noticing yourself put on too much fat too fast reanalyze your diet and fix it.

But whatever you do just eat.

5. energie

energie I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the

eat your food, dont try to eat totally clean right away just slowly ease into it instead of just eating whoppers all day.

going on a strict diet right away will have bigger temptations compared to if you ease yourself into it.

i tried going on a clean diet right away and it was really hard to go clean right away and i ended up not eating as clean anymore.

beginning of the year i eased myself into eating healthy. less pop/junk food and more into bottles of water/fruit juice/vitamin water and ive stuck to it so far.

try to eat healthy, but dont try to force yourself into only eating healthy food. it will get easier and it will work out in the end.

as long as you dont stuff ur face with crappy food and try to eat more healthy it will be fine.

6. Ep

Ep Guest

well good, some definative answers... thank you

7. knucks

knucks Active Member

If you want to hate yourself and your wallet, do the "Cut Diet" but increase the amount of food eaten.

8. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

The cut diet has plans up to 4500 cals a day ...

9. hootpie

hootpie New Member

Fucking :werd:

I did that shit for a week and quit so fast that the Cut Diet book burst into flames.

10. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

I disagree for the most part. Protein plays a HUGE role. Every time I up my protein, I seem to grow. Every time I up my carbs, only my waistline grows. Sure carbs are great if you need more calories, but never, never skimp out on protein. I couldnt imagine trying to bulk on 1g/lb of protein. Hell, I havent gone below 2g/lb except for the odd superhigh carb day in maybe six months.

11. NUDES

NUDES New Member

werd im gonna start pounding 600g of protein a day to try to get 2g/lb

12. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

I doubt anyone needs to bulk at 300lbs ;)

13. NUDES

NUDES New Member

or talk big when they're weak and small ;)

14. NUDES

NUDES New Member

as calories go up protein requirements arent' as high.. imo just aim for 1g/lb and fill the rest with whatever you want. more than 1g/lb is fine if ya want to eat meat. really overthinking shit

15. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

Yep. I've never deadlifted mid 500's at under 200lbs, I can't squat mid 400's ass to floor, I've never been 230lbs at 5'7. None of that ever happened:coolugh:

16. NUDES

NUDES New Member

did you do this while swinging 80 lb db's? you have such a big ego for no reason, go back to county bro :hug:

17. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

I'm not an ectomorph, so maybe my experience wouldnt appy in that case. Maybe for a true ectomorph, calories in any way shape or form are key. But for anybody who's a meso/endo, I would never replace protein with anything else.

18. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

Son, I got homies in there. Nigga I been to jail...I aint scared!

19. NUDES

NUDES New Member

excess protein (2g/lb) will just be converted into carbs anyhow. i eat lots of protein but just cuz i like the taste :dunno:

at the end of the day none of this really matters that much

20. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

I can only speak from experience. For me, if I keep calories at the EXACT same level, but replace carb calories with protein calories, my bf goes down, and weight stays the same. There's sure to be a reason for that.

21. NUDES

NUDES New Member

i jsut get bloated when i eat lots of carbs, but that doesn't = fat gain.. maybe you just lose some bloat

22. Ep

Ep Guest

I'm not trying to dude, but I was told some whack stuff on here. Maybe because people didn't notice I was an ectomorph. I ate over 200 grams of protein on one of those fitdays and someone was like "You can't eat anymore protein then that?". Meanwhile I was thinking I ate just enough. Then my friend was like "you don't know shit about nutrition and I think those forum dudes don't realize how fucking skinny you are.." so I had to ask again

edit: I think Im set now though.

Protein, eat 1g per body weight at the very least
    Calories as much as I can without eating nothing but junk food and bullshit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.