bulk without having to cut after?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by kackel champion, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kackel champion

kackel champion faces always are changing lies and disguise for th

i'm trying to make a diet and workout routine that will allow me to bulk without having to do a cut phase at the end of it. i realize that's almost counterproductive, but my last cut was awesome and i want to keep the definition i have now going into summer so i don't look like a blob the few times i'll have my shirt off. my workout is in the morning before work at ~9am. i don't get home from work until 10pm and am usually too tired to cook anything meaningful. i'm out of whey and open to trying something new (was using ON) and am giving my body a rest from everything for the next week or so (was in gym and playing for 2 hockey teams at the same time) so i'm taking nothing more than a multivitavin. because of my work schedule, my diet isn't exactly the greatest, so i'm trying to pick out the best supplements and diet for someone who's never home.

btw i'm at ~6% body fat now, 5'8, ~150...final goal is to get to 160-165 within the next year or so without letting my body fat go into double digits. i have colitis so i can't eat seeds or nuts, and milk absolutely kills me. i also have to be careful with pasta.

what kind of supplements and foods should i add to my diet to help my body recuperate and get me ready to go in a week or so?

2. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

You must be pretty muscular. I was 6'0 153 while lifting and I am sure I wasn't at 6%.

I'm not sure how well you'll be able to stay under 10% if you are seriously trying to gain some muscle.

You're talking about cutting but you don't know anything about basic nutrition? I'm so confused.

3. kackel champion

i may not be at 150 at this point...maybe between 145 and 150. a lot of it is in my legs...i'm a hockey player

i was always under the impression that 150 was light for my height, hence trying to put a little more weight in muscle back on. this doesn't have to be something that happens quickly. i can put 1 or 2 pounds of muscle on per month and slowly get to my goal...that wouldn't be an issue. that would actually help keep me in the gym and keep my motivation up.

once my colitis was diagnosed and i was put on medication for it, i was down to 125 lbs. this was back in september of 04. i spent 6 weeks in bed and a few more weeks getting back on my feet, then i was back in the gym. i was on predinose on 2 different occasions, ate like a house, and threw around as much weight as i could until ~6 months ago. realized i looked like a fat fuck at 155 so started cutting. 2 gallons of water and a lot of light foods later(specifically vegetables) has cut me down to ~6%. i say about because i question the accuracy of the hand grip bullshit things that the trainers at my gym...they calculated me at 6.4%

i know some things about nutrition (clean foods, etc.) but i work 50+ hours a week (sales manager at car dealership) an hour away from home and rarely have the time to cook. i don't know much about supplements and what to take when and what works well to do what, and that's basically what i need to learn more about.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  4. el es dee

el es dee ...through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

5. kackel champion

this is what i've been thinking all along...kudos to you :bowdown:

now what about supplements (vitamins, minerals, etc.) i can take besides whey...i'm not familiar with them at all

6. Chewbs

Chewbs Swollen Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.