Built to order custom receiver

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ronin, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Ronin

Ronin Guest

2. Soulfire

Soulfire No Pain, No Gain

Looks promising.

This is an old concept started by other companies long ago but is still good for certain people.

Theta Digital was one of the companies that started this. They made extreamly high end Amps and Processors with all card based technology that can be changed out and upgraded. Im talking 10 grand for a processor. They still do this with their very very high end Home Theater Pre-amps. The problem is this shit can be very buggy. We used to sell Theta but we got rid of it cause they had too many problems.

Hopefully this stuff works out well for them and whoever buys it is happy. I personally dont beleive a reciever is something you need to do this to. It leaves a lot of room for error. Most higher end recievers have everything you need anyways.

This confused me:
    "Integra will work with your professional installer or retailer to configure the receiver’s various connections and features to suit the specific needs of your home theater."

I wonder what they are talking about. Most good recievers should have all the connections and features you need. Maybe they are talking about expansion stuff like iPod, XM, Sirius, or other crazy stuff I don't know.