building problems

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by loserpunkx182, Sep 25, 2004.

1. loserpunkx182

loserpunkx182 New Member

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]i'm having problems building my computer. i have the asus k8v se deluxe with amd althon 64 3000+. the heatsink fan wont turn on when i turn the power on. the green led on the motherboard turns on but after turnin on the computer for more then 30sec i'm not getting anythign on the monitor nor beeps/messages. i dont have another video card to try it on, i have a ati 9200se right now, so i can't see if that's the problem. i really need to get this working before i get back to school..anyone?[/font]

2. skooter

skooter Guest

do any other system fans start? does the hard drive spin up? can you plug your heatsink into another plug?

3. loserpunkx182

loserpunkx182 New Member

no other system fan starts up, hard drive doesn't do anything and i can plug it into the power fan

4. loserpunkx182

loserpunkx182 New Member

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]..would the mobo still light up if the power supply's bad?[/font]

5. deesee22

deesee22 Habs Crew OT Supporter

Yes it will. I just had the same issue sort of. Same Motherboard and everything. I got the green light on the MB but it wouldnt start at all. Swapped out the PS and now im good to go

6. loserpunkx182

loserpunkx182 New Member

power source is good...i just plugged it into another motherboard and it boot up just fine...so i'm guessing it's the mobo?