Building new computer....need help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Terin_Altari, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Terin_Altari

Terin_Altari Guest

Hey everyone I am planning on building a new computer and have been looking for parts on newegg.com It seems like a pretty good site and I have compiled a pretty good list of what I think I want. I was looking for a little help as I'm a little new to this. I havent built my own computer before, just done some tinkering :big grin: Well I would appreciate any feedback you could give me about these parts or maybe some recommended changes you think I should make. Well here is the list.

Case (ATX Form): $27 Raidmax Model 268WSP(SILVER/SILVER) 10-bay Case Retail

Floppy Drive: $8 SAMSUNG 1.44MB FLOPPY DRIVE Model# SFD321B/LEB - OEM, DRIVE ONLY

Hard Drive: $96 WD WESTERN DIGITAL EIDE HARD DRIVE 80GB 7200RPM MODEL # WD800BB -CAVIAR OEM, DRIVE ONLY

Memory: $160 2 x KINGSTON KVR266X64C25/512 512MB DDR PC2100 - OEM

Motherboard: $58 Aopen Motherboard for Intel Pentium 4 Processors, Model# AX4B

Power Supply: $63 SPARKLE 400 WATTS ATX UL APPROVED POWER SUPPLY MODEL # FSP400-60GN(12V) - OEM

Processor: $123 Intel Pentium 4 1.7GHz 256K 400MHz Socket 478 Processor Retail Box

Sound Card: $167 Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum (Model SB0240P) - RETAIL

Video Card: $88 ATI OEM RADEON 8500 LE 128MB DDR DVI/CRT/TV

2. Broken Puppy

Broken Puppy Guest

Be sure to buy a baseball bat so you can use it to smash the fuck out of that piece of shit:fawk:

3. Broken Puppy

Broken Puppy Guest

Oh yea STFU n00b!:madfawk:

4. Terin_Altari

Terin_Altari Guest

Yeah I wasnt really sure about the Aopen motherboard but some of the other MBs that I looked at, didnt seem like they would match up with my case. How would I install that if the ports didnt line up with the pre-cut notches? I noticed some MBs had a little insert to match up to there ports. But then would the one on the case just snap out or would I actually have to cut it out?