Building my own pc v.haveafewquestions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SuperoDeus, Jul 4, 2004.

1. SuperoDeus

SuperoDeus OT Supporter

I'm putting together my own computer and I have a few questions.

A. How do I put fans in. Like if the tower doesn't have anymore spots for fans, can I put more in?

B. Does the AMD Athalon 64 3200 require me to use thermal paste, or is the heat sink already on.

Thats pretty much it for now. If any more arise, I'll be sure to post them.
    Thanks in advance.

2. ACA

ACA Sometimes I feel lonely at night OT Supporter

Well, if looks don't matter to you, you could always use a hole saw to cut a hole the size of your fans (80mm, 120mm, etc) and then drill 4 holes around it to mount the fan. It doesn't look that great, but it works.

You could also use this other thing my dad uses for electrical work. You drill a hole then you put this device through the smaller hole that will make the bigger hole, put the other piece on, tighten the bolt, and it cuts a nice smooth edge. I'll try to find an image of it in a second.

As for the thermal paste. I'd reccoment getting rid of the stock thermal pad that comes on the bottom of the stock heatsink, and replacing it with a small amount of Arctic Silver. 5. If you don't know exactly how to apply it, go to http://www.arcticsilver.com and look for their application instructions/tutorials.

Hope this helped!