Building box

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by STA, Mar 14, 2003.

1. STA

STA Guest

with 2 subs sharing the same chamber. Using winisd I can come up with the specs and everything, but is this reccomended? Would I have to find a way to reinforce the structure since there is no partition in the middle? Or what about just using thicker material? i'm just looking for the easiest way to build this new box.

2. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

add strips to the inside or better yet a partition with the inside cut out if you dont want a partiton and brace brace brace

3. Audiophile

Audiophile boom boom

why not just make a two chambers? :confused:

4. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

well what kind of power are you talking about here and what subs. I mean if you have only 100W going to the subs then reinforcing the box is really not nessecary (sp) But if you are giving them 1000W each then I would use 2 boxes or reinforce the 2.

Now there is something else to possibly consider - If you are powering your subs almost to capacity and especially if this is a vented enclosure, if one blows, then the remaining sub will end up utilizing all of the airspace now. And if you have made this box kinda large and all other things considered, the remaining sub will may blow cause it has too much airspace. I have seen this happen with cheap subs as well as expensive subs that are getting large amounts of power