building a system

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BTL, Nov 25, 2002.

1. BTL

BTL OT Supporter

Ok right now i have a pair of MB quarts 6.5s (DKD 116) and pair of MB Quart 6x9s (DKC 169) those are running of my stock headunit (in my 1994 Camry) I will be buying my friends Kenwood z828 Headunit and now i need an amp to run my 6.5s and 6x9s. and i want some SQ subs. Right now i am thinking 2 10" Audiobahn flame subs or 2 IDMAX 10"s. I will also need amps to run those.

The problem is i dont have 3k to spend on this stuff and i really want everything to be under 1000. I was thinking about the JBL 1200.1s for the subs but im not sure on the quality of those.

List:
    I need an amp for speakers.
    2 10" subs
    Amp for subs ( i really want atleast 500w to each sub)
    All for around 1000$

2. 04

04 Guest

Ok, for the speakers, how about something like 50w x 4channels? As for the subwoofers, do you want sound quality, loudness, or a mixture? What kind of music do you listen to, and how loud?

For the subs I would not get audiobahn, IDmax is good, but they are very expensive, and I really doubt you could get all that stuff for less than 1000 dollars if you went that way. Because remember, you are going to have to buy wiring, which will add another 50 dollars, and the enclosure, even a prefab one will cost another 100 dollars.

3. BTL

BTL OT Supporter

Re: Re: building a system

:mad: yeah i completely forgot about wiring and such and my friends say ill need a new alternatior. What 50x4 amp do would you recomend? Also I listen to rock, emo, and some rap. When i listen to rock and emo its at moderate level, but when i rap i like alot of bass. I would say i would rather have SQ because i dont listen to rap other than on friday nights. How much are the IDMAX subs i guess i was just confused when I was reading on here about them being good priced.

What do you think it would cost to get 2 10" IDMAX and an amp to run some good power to them? I can go above my limit its just that i dont want to.

*and also my friends and I plan on building a box for my stuff

thanks

4. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

look away form teh id max maybe more towards the idqs you cant afford all of that for under 1k