GUN building a 10/22... whats cheaper?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DoucheBag, Sep 11, 2008.

1. DoucheBag

DoucheBag New Member

so what would be cheaper/better? just buying a more expensive, already built 10/22 and just replacing the stock with one of my choice, or buying a dirt cheap one and replacing everything but hte receiver?

like this rifle
    http://www.impactguns.com/store/736676011780.html

and just a $75 hogue stock as a replacment. :dunno:

2. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

i would suggest buying the cheapest one you can find, then swapping out parts as YOU want.

3. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I don't know anything about that gun, so I can't say whether or not it's a good deal. When I look at it, I see a VERY expensive Ruger 10/22T, with a strange choice in stock. They don't mention any action/trigger work, just that it comes with a 10/22T barrel, and the stock.

You could go either way, and depending on how good you are at buying stuff would probably make the difference. 10/22's, and sometimes their parts depreciate like few other things. Once you get past $500ish, it seems as though you take a HUGE loss trying to sell them whole.

I've paid for entire guns by buying up finished examples and pulling parts, selling the rest bit by bit. If you have the patience, expendable cash, and don't mind poking around, I'd consider going that route.

4. Exactly. You could just buy a target model and get the stock you want.