GUN build your own AK crue i have a question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bobalu, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Bobalu

Bobalu New Member

Now that I'm back in the states I'm going to start my AMD-65 build. I have a couple of parts kits to choose from. One is about $100 more and has a barrel that was torch cut. Is the barrel with this kit salvageable? If not I'll buy one without the barrel. Any good websites to find the barrel I need if the first kit doesn't work? I have all the tools necessary and they aren't a problem.

2. Keesh

Keesh New Member

A torch cut barrel will only be good for a pistol or short barreled rifle build, depending on where it was cut.

US barrels can be found here:
    http://www.copesdistributing.net/product_info.php?cPath=101&products_id=1330

I don't think the gas port is drilled, but I'm not 100% positive on that. I would call and ask.

If you want to go a little cheaper, look for a pulled Romanian barrel. They are chrome-lined and I don't think I've ever seen a shot out one. The bored are usually in very good condition, I wanna say I saw some for sale last week, but I'm a little drunk and forgetful. I'll give it a look tomorrow and see what I can find.

3. Bobalu

Bobalu New Member

thanks keesh