Buick Grand National

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Omega6_Virus, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Omega6_Virus

Omega6_Virus New Member

I know a few other members own or have owned one. I was thinking about getting one for my daily driver during good weather. There is an 86 with 66k miles, asking 11k locally. Would it be dependable for a daily driver?

2. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

Bone stock they are competent, fast, fun, attention getting and great daily drivers. They are very reliable stock, and frugal on fuel.

Not only that, they are supremely comfortable as well, and have a large enough trunk to make road trips with you and another person a breeze.

My father and I drove my GN to Detroit MI from home the past few years to the dream cruise. We loaded it up with our golf clubs, enough luggage for a week, and had room to spare.

The cars love to be out on the open road and going fast, real fast, even through turns. All the while it soaks up all the bumps without floating, and remains whisper quiet even into the wind, and power at all speeds is like a jet taking off.

I recommend reading www.gnttype.org to learn more.

I'm very happy with mine, even though I don't get many opportunities to drive it much anymore.

3. Big_Luke

Big_Luke serious as dick cancer

are you a salesman? :big grin:

4. Omega6_Virus

Omega6_Virus New Member

Thanks, I found GNTtype.org before I posted here. But you helped a lot. I talked to my local mechanic, he said a woman he knows has one with 100k+. Its pretty much a beater, but it still runs.

5. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

...I forgot to mention mine averages 24MPG too. :big grin:

6. minx

minx Guest

God I love GN's one day when I got the $$ im GOING to have one! :bigthumb:

7. thebigj

thebigj Guest

Well I bought a 1987 Turbo T ( a Grand National with chrome trim)last fall and just started driving her this spring. Very nice car to cruise around town in or take out on the highway. Gets decent gas milage for the size of the car and has tons of tourque even bone stock :yum:

I did a lot of reading over the winter and found there are some basic things to do to make sure they run nice and sweet! The cars are a little finicky and I would consider them a higher maintenance vehicle to own than average.

Do I like my car? Well I'm already looking for another one :) More is always better!!

Here's a couple good sites for tons of info on these cars.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=9010

http://www.gnttype.org