GUN Buglar killed by bussines owner

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Mar 22, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sounds like a clean shoot to me :bigthumb:

Suspected burglar killed by business owner
    KTRK By Mark Garay

(3/20/07 - KTRK/HOUSTON) - A business owner killed one of two men who he says broke into his business this morning.
    Also on ABC13.com:
    Send news tips | RSS | ABC13 E-lert | Info mentioned on air | Search abc13.com
    It happened at the KC Steel Fabricators on John Martin Road near Baytown. Authorities say theft has apparently become a big problem along John Martin Road. But nearby residents say to the best of their knowledge, this is the first time it's ever turned violent.

There were some exposed racks holding expensive metal sheets used by fabricators at the business. Around 3am, the owner of the business heard the alarm, grabbed a handgun and walked outside to investigate.

"He found two suspects stealing stainless steel at the back of his business," said homicide investigator Sgt. Bryan Pair.

The shop owner confronted the men and opened fire, hitting their fleeing late model Ford pickup at least four times. They crashed through a fence and made tracks through a field, where it coasted to a stop about a hundred yards away.

"One suspect was deceased while the second suspect fled on foot," said Pair.

The dead suspect was found slumped over in the truck. He's described as an Hispanic male in his late 40s or early 50s. Investigators say they found no indication that the thieves were armed.

Employee Johnny Sanders says the owner he identified as Kevin Ackard had installed security measures and was sleeping inside the business because of all of the recent thefts.

"Last time, Kevin told me it was about $35,000 worth of stuff that they got already," said Sanders.

Investigators believe eight shots were fired.

"He's mad at the whole situation," said Sanders. "He's pretty upset."

Texas law is pretty forgiving when it comes to homeowners and property owners trying to defend their own property. But a grand jury will have to decide whether the business owner will face any charges.

Authorities are still trying to track down the suspect who managed to flee the scene.
    (Copyright © 2007, KTRK-TV)

2. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Good thing he's in Texas, because if that happened just about anywhere else, he'd be in trouble. Shooting at them as they flee?
    Businesses are insured. Why is he taking it upon himself to be a vigilante for his business? I understand there's a lot of money in those products, but the situation doesn't look good for a self-defense case. Again, its a good thing he's in Texas.

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Materials probably insured yeah, but they going to cover any lost earnings cause he cann't work till he gets new stuff? I don't blame him for what he did, but yeah good thing for Texas laws cause he'd be on charges here too.

4. gyeagle1

gyeagle1 New Member

He lost 35K in material once . You think his Ins rates stayed the same Fuck no probably doubled . A second claim in 6 months Im sure he would be dropped .

Ohh he wouldnt be on charges in Florida either

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Not this time, sounds they were just steeling the stuff NOLA refugees are to lazy to steal.

6. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I hate to agree with gyeagle1, but this is the truth.

7. Sarge21

Sarge21 Frau am Steuer Ungeheuer!

yes he would, shot them when they were fleeing, no more threat was present.

8. Slick26

That's the part that bothered me the most. I'm in no way against him setting up camp and waiting for a confrontation with would-be robbers.
    It's the fact that they posed no personal threat on his life, and then even tried leaving before he shot them. He even shot at their fleeing vehicle.

I completely understand why he did what he did. I can't say I wouldn't have done the same. But I also know that living in MN I'd be screwed BIG TIME if I shot at someone that was fleeing, or already driving away in a vehicle.

Lots of emotions involved there I imagine.

9. Werm

Werm Guest

Criminals have more rights then citizens. As long as you don't have a gun in some states... do what the hell you want and the other person can't do shit.

10. Slick26

It's really sad isn't it.

11. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

I have mixed emotions here. I'd be mad as hell if I were in his position; but man from an objective point of view I can't justify firing at fleeing men. :sad2:

12. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

13. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

he will get charged in texas too... dont kid yourself. he had no reason to shoot at them while fleeing. i cant say what i would have done, id probably have just blown their heads off when i saw them, then put a rusty knife in their hand.

14. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection

I'll play Devil's Advocate for a moment...

At the time, he may have reasoned that if he did not neutralize them, they would come back armed and ready to cap him if necessary... so his course of action would've been to eliminate the threat right away.

Like I said, just tossing out ideas.

15. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

who gives a fuck. they were criminals, all those fuckers should be shot and killed on spot.

16. MTech

MTech New Member

Damn immigrants!

17. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

there is nothing wrong with legal law abiding citizens. i doubt this was the case here.