MMA Buentello issues open challenge to Kimbo

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Atmosphere, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=5726&zoneid=13

[​IMG][​IMG] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- PAUL BUENTELLO ISSUES OPEN CHALLENGE TO KIMBO [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - by Damon Martin - MMAWeekly.com [/FONT]

[​IMG]

On Monday night, Paul “The Headhunter” Buentello made a special appearance on MMAWeekly Radio to issue a challenge to rising EliteXC star Kimbo Slice for a fight that already has mixed martial arts fans chattering about on the Internet.

“People want to see it. I think everybody wants to see it. Me and Kimbo should lace up the gloves,” said Buentello. “Everybody wants to see it and I think it’s time. He’s fighting all the guys I’ve already knocked out and I’ve already exposed. He needs to get off that buffet line I put out there and come over to my Paul Buentello taco shop and see if we can get to work.”

There were rumors of a fight between the two heavyweights after Buentello commented on a Kimbo street fight just a year ago and fans began to clamor and wonder if they would ever meet.

“Everybody asks me ‘when are you going to fight Kimbo? You should fight that Kimbo guy,’” said the American Kickboxing Academy fighter. “Just give him much respect, he’s been training and accomplished a lot in a year or so. He’s really putting his hands together, he’s really putting his game plan together.”

Buentello says he respects Kimbo’s growing MMA game and guarantees a slugfest would ensue.

“I give him much respect. He stepped up. He went from street fighting to MMA and everybody thought he couldn’t produce, but he’s doing it,” stated Buentello.

“If I was a fan, I would definitely, I would want to see this fight. I would pay money to watch Paul Buentello fight Kimbo in a heartbeat.”

He confirmed on the show that he would be competing on the upcoming March 29 Strikeforce card, although no opponent has been named yet.

After that fight, Buentello believes he should be the next match-up for the YouTube sensation known as Kimbo Slice.

“I’m just throwing the offer out there,” he said. “I know he’d take the offer in a heartbeat, but he does have management.”

For now Buentello will head back into training and prepare for his nest fight on March 29.

2. Mega-JC: Da Return

Mega-JC: Da Return Tiger Knee!

:x: I'd love to see this

3. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

Lets see who the better Tank-beaterupper is!

4. roose

roose Guest

5. Antigeek

Antigeek Who Dat!

Every old washed up heavyweight is going to come crawling back to the cage to fight Kimbo now. :rofl:

6. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

kimbo has over a minute of cage experience

he's a seasoned vet now

7. Buentello's hardly a washed up heavyweight. He's only got losses to top competition in the last few years. (aka once he stopped totally sucking).

8. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

I'd like to see this fight... but not sure if Elite would want to put it together since they are banking a lot on Kimbo's success, and Paul would be a VERY risky fight for him...

9. alkalinesolo

alkalinesolo Active Member

Kimbo needs to build up to a fight against Buentello.
    Although I think Kimbo would have a decent shot, it's not good for his career to be going against such dangerous experienced fighters so quickly.

10. acidix

acidix Ua mau, ke ea o ka `aina, i ka pono

If elitexc can make it happen this will happen. I'd buy Buentello - Kimbo, I wouldn't buy Kimbo - gogoplatamagnet.

11. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

lol seriously, i love how every hw with 30+ fights is tryin to call out the guy with 2 MMA fights. Their careers are in the shitter so they try and pick on Kimbo cuz he has a big name and hes inexperienced. Although i think kimbo could probably give all these dudes a tough fight. Unfortunately if he doesnt take any of these fights all the idiots out there will think hes a bitch or something.

12. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

its the fans that are really doing it. Saying he is the next mike tyson of MMA. Fighters just want to shut the hype up about Kimbo and show that he isnt that good yet. How could he be, he only has 2 mma fights.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  13. RMarks

RMarks New Member

Buentello has been calling out kimbo for awhile now. I remember reading at least 1 challenge on the UG.

14. Exiled

Exiled New Member

I want this Buentello fag to get a call saying "Hey guess what, Crocop wants to fight you" and I bet he'd be like "Fuck me..........."

Cause you know he'd get his ass beat like a red headed step child

15. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I'd rather see Kimbo step up a tad slower. he has less than 2 minutes of mma experience.

16. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Or JLB. That heavy footed shitty moving Taco eater would get KO'd faster than he did against Arlovski.

Honestly, I think Kimbo would TKO Buentello in Rd 1. Kimbo is in shape with great movement and great power. Buentello is fat, always out of shape and flat footed. Kimbo would push the pace tire him out and beat his ass.

17. Sammo

Sammo New Member

You're right, he did it awhile back too when Kimbo was just doing street fights

18. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

:werd:

If EliteXC is smart, they will continue to build Kimbo up to at least 5 fights before he fights a decent guy like the HeadHunter

19. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

This just in, Paul Buentello issued an open challenge to a cheeseburger and won.

20. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

TKO via extreme digestion, 0:49 seconds Rnd 1.

21. roose

roose Guest

fixed