budget systems suggestions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SubyRS, Jul 1, 2003.

1. SubyRS

SubyRS ballin

I'm a newb when it comes to car audio.. but what i'm lookin for is to just make the sound in my car more complete and spending the least necessary, i'm not looking to blow anybody outta my car. I have nothing in my car right now it's a subaru impreza r.s. 01, it just has the stock premier speakers and the worthless mini sub and amp under the driver seat. So if anyone could give some suggestions on a head unit and speaker and sub would be appreciated.

2. Phreaxer

Phreaxer Guest

What kinda money are you looking to spend? Total... so we have some number to work with...

3. SubyRS

SubyRS ballin

umm i really don't know... 500-700 maybe? i'm not really sure how much this would cost me, i wanna see how much i would need to be spending in order to get a more complete sound

oh and i have a friend who has 2 10" jbl's, a rockford punch 150, crossover and all the wires, and he'd give it all to me for 100 bucks... that good? don't know model numbers or anything... he's had em for 2 years and someone sold them to him

Last edited: Jul 1, 2003
  4. SubyRS

SubyRS ballin

somebody has to be able to help me. i can spend more in the long run but initially i'd like to just spend around 500-700.

5. goten2000

goten2000 Tupac's Son

yea im in the same situation as you, and i came up with this setup:

i got the same car, same budget.

- 4 channel kicker amp: $200 (ikesound.com)
    - kenwood kdc-x759 : $200 (headunit, ebay)
    - infinity reference components ($120, ikesound.com)
    - kicker subwoofer : $120 (ikesound.com, with box)

6. Phreaxer

Phreaxer Guest

get the setup from your buddy. that is a good price. not the best equipment, but it will give you a place to start... then you can upgrade later and know what your likes and dislikes are...

7. SubyRS

SubyRS ballin

ok cool... so should i just keep the premium speakers that already came with my car and just hook the subs and amp up with them...

also does anyone have any thoughts on the panasonic cq-df783u headunit?? i'm thinkin about gettin that for my hu...

8. Toaster

Toaster Guest

i have a similar request, i have $1000 to spend, and installation cost is not an issue. i need a head unit ,3 way compnents, 12 sub,and a 5 channel amp. any suggestions?