TAT buddy's tattoo

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Jimeigh, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

so my buddy's in iraq and he showed me this plan he has for a tattoo he's gonna get on his chest. he asked me if i thought he should add anything, but i couldnt think of anything. any of you have ideas?

[​IMG]

2. Dodgeboy

Dodgeboy New Member

It could stand to have a few chainsaws added to it.

3. audrey

audrey New Member

I love the pin up girls, but the weapons are a bit too much for me :dunno:

4. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

It doesn't need anything else. It's cluttered enough.

5. Flac0

Flac0 Custom User Title

he should take off the guns and those flowerly stuff on both sides of the skull. maybe give it a old school look. maybe revolvers, old school skull with the pinup girls...maybe keep the bombs.

I agree, cluttered.

but im just a fan of old school.

6. BrandoSabbins

BrandoSabbins New Member

:werd: that's the first thing I thought.

7. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

aight, thanks for the responses, keep em coming

8. low20

low20 Member

needs to be refined a little but im sure the artisit will do that...im not into the guns and bombs thing...killings not for me, but would prolly look pretty good as a chest piece or across the back

9. joy division

joy division New Member

Just make sure he goes to a good tattoo artist...you aren't going to want just that plasted on you.

10. atomlowe

atomlowe meh....member

I'd agree with the revolvers. Also, if he plans on the 1911 pistols he has there, remember that both sides of the pistols DON'T look the same. Any ex-mil or gun person will notice.

11. muhubob

muhubob New Member

I'd remove the flowery stuff as well and have it more like a sand dune with the skull imarging from te sand and the bombs in the sand (whole iraq kinda thing)... and I 2nd the revolvers instead

12. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

there are decent concepts there but thrown together - i just don't see the flow of all of it together... :dunno:

13. joy division

joy division New Member

That's the job of a great tattoo artist...

14. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

the bombs are throwing me off. but i see your point - the right artist could pull it together well.

15. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

It just looks too busy

16. PissWater

PissWater New Member

Hey, thanks for the opinions I dunno why my buddy posted this, I made it in photoshop just for a guide for the artist because if Ive learned one thing after getting a half sleeve a full back piece and several other tats its not really wise to press a certain style on an artist, I like giving them more of a layout and see what they can do with it.

I appreciate some of the comments but some of you guys are just completely way out of left field suggesting changing the entire concept its like why even do the tat at all of its gunna change that much.

Really what im going with is if anyone is fimilair with the oldschool style punk chest peices that are kinda compilations of images I.E. A Heart with wings coming out with the spider webs, a key hole ect ect.. I see alot of those and like the wild concept of them but im not really a fan of the colorfull tats and would like to put a dark debauchary look to it. This will all be when I get back to the states of course.

17. LanceUppercut

LanceUppercut New Member

It seems to random. Like, nothing there fits together. I like the idea, but it could use some tweaking. Like, I'm assuming this tattoo has to do with his military background, so wouldn't it be more fitting (If he's going to use modern pistols), to use Beretta's or something else he is familiar with?

18. PissWater

PissWater New Member

I would, but berettas are fucking weak lol, Id take a 45 over my M9 ANY day. I dunno why everyone wants to push the military theme on me for a tattoo, FYI just for everyone to know now days in the military 90% of the time if you get one dealing with your unit or something, unless you and your boys are really really really tight or youre SF or some shit like that youre gunna get made fun of alot for having one by other servicemembers. I was going for a random design though, I guess you have to know me to know that its very suiting.

I was actually giving it some thought and was thinking about putting from cross chainsaws under the skull.

19. LanceUppercut

LanceUppercut New Member

Actually, I'm glad to hear that. I sort of assumed you wanted the military theme. You should go with whatever you want. I got a military tattoo when I first got in and I've regretted it ever since. A tattoo isn't something you want to get to make anyone else happy. If you like that design... get it.