SRS buddy killed his gf..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by hayte997, May 29, 2005.

1. hayte997

hayte997 Guest

Friend had a car accident two days ago, he's mostly OK but his GF died instantly. I was on call that night (parents own a funeral home) and I got the call so I went to the hospital to pick up the body not knowing who it was, then got her back to the funeral home and when I unzipped the bodybag it was her. It freaked me out big time, I had no idea there had been an accident.
    Funeral is tomorrow. Buddy just called and he's flipping out, talking about suicide and stuff.

God it must suck to be him. I couldn't imagine accidentally killing my GF. I drive a fast car but I never go fast with her in the car..

:sadwavey:

2. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

tell him a rope is the cleanest and most efficient

3. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

Moved this to the Asylum for your own good. Too many jackoffs in the main forum that are unecessary in a thread like this.

4. alexs001

alexs001 Mawk! Mawk!

I dont know what I would do in your friend's position. I don't know if live with myself if I was responsible for the death of one I love.

5. johnny

johnny shit, baby

Holy shit, my heart goes out to your friend, man...get him into some therapy fast -- that is just devastating!

6. Mars Princess

Mars Princess They hatin'

how was it his fault exactly? I can't imagine going through that guilt trip. Heart goes out to her family and to you. That must have been so jarring to see your buddy's girl :(

7. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

wow... that sucks :( my condolences go out to you, him, and her family. :sad2: there isn't much you can say to him... the accident was confirmed to be his fault? it sucks, but everything happens for a reason. hopefully if the accident was due to speed, it'll make him think twice the next time. i would make sure someone's with him at all times. try to keep his mind on happy things, and not the accident. it wouldn't hurt for him to talk to a therapist either. hopefully he won't be charged with anything... vehicular homicide? :dunno:

side note... i had a friend die in a car accident ~3 years ago. his best friend was driving/racing and instantly killed him. :wtc: driver was originally charged with vehicular homicide.

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

This guy should be immediatly redirected to a psychiater. Give him a number of a shrink that you could recommend to him, he must be in shock and probably isn't able to take any decent action. If you'd give him the number, or bring him to one that would be able to start him to recover as quickly as possible.

9. was your buddy racing or driving fast.......or was is just a random accident cause by another car??

10. lauren

lauren Active Member

my sincerest condolences. if you can get him into grief counseling, the reality of the situation probably wont hit him until the funeral and there will be a lot going on that he will need to take care of. he will probably need a lawyer too, bc even if there isnt criminal charges, her folks will want restitution. how are you coping with it? you might want to find someone to talk to as well ...i dont know how close you guys were.

11. He's going to need some serious support. This will follow him for the rest of his life whether he was or wasn't responsible for her death.

12. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Wow, I've had dreams (read: nightmares) about that sort of thing happening to me, I couldn't imagine something much more devestating. I really hope he gets some help immediately, and hope that it was not his fault.

13. sphinx

sphinx New Member

my heart goes out to ur friend and his family and hers. About three months ago or so, my gf at the time committed suicide. I still have my days of sadness but each day im slowly pulling out of it. Like the main reason im so upset is that i feel so horrible for her parents. Hang in there.

14. Mel

Mel RIP James :(

I can only imagine the pain he must feel. :( I hope there was no drinking involved. :(

15. hayte997

hayte997 Guest

No excessive speeds or alcohol was involved. It was a one car accident. He attempted suicide at the hospital but was already on suicide watch so he was caught in time. Now he's at a "specialization" hospital (whatever that is) and no friends are allowed to visit, only family. So other than that I haven't seen him since the night of the visitation and he was not at the funeral.:wtc:

A sad situation indeed but thanks for the support.
    I'm doing good, I only knew her through him.

16. My ex-girlfriend -- who I'm still really missing seriously -- is still in a specialization hospital on suicide watch. She's been there for almost 6 months. I do wish you and your friend only the best and I'm terribly sorry to hear you all must endure so much now. :(

17. teo

teo . => ? => !

I realize you're somewhat hardened to seeing bodies, but what have you done for yourself? Are you going to see a grief counsellor? Seeing someone you know after they've passed away is hard enough even knowing about it beforehand. Your buddy is now in good hands, but make sure you're ok too. Repressed grief can take years, decades even, to work itself out. Don't dismiss it as insignificant because she wasn't as close to you as your buddy is.