MMA Bruce Lee > everything else

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by RunninWild, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RunninWild

RunninWild How subtle of you

And you know it.

2. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Alive > Dead

3. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Simply untrue. Cool guy though.

4. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

god, somebody new always finds the cage section, and their first thread will always be a damn bruce lee > * crap

5. JustGod

JustGod New Member

I heard he once punched a guy so hard that he flew in the air twenty feet. :run:

6. Trisomy21

Trisomy21 New Member

Bruce Lee was pretty awesome, but this is overdone.

7. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

I hate trolling.

Bruce Lee was a cool guy and I grew up looking up to him and I still respect him. And hell if he was alive today, I bet you he would be a black belt in BJJ just like Dan Inosanto is right now.

But he's dead man and didn't compete.

8. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Bruce Lee was a legend in his own right, but im sorry. If he fought in any high level mma organization now he'd get wrecked.

9. RunninWild

You miss EVERYTHING Bruce Philosophized about. Use NO WAY as a way. You incorporate things...Not use one specific mind frame. That is the most logical way to fight.

And as far as him getting destroyed by MMA fighters nowdays? LoL. LoLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. There is a difference between being strong...and being powerful.. I think there are some that can take him, but his skill is timeless.

10. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

exactly how many real fights of bruce lee have you seen? No his movies do not count.

As for me, I have seen 0 of his real fights, a couple of his movies, some internet videos of him punching and kicking a bag, and endless hype (almost worthy of chuck-norris status) about how he kicks ass.

There are professional MMA fighters that are hyped even more, and you see them lose. What happens afterwards? they lose about 70% of their "fans" and life goes on. Well sorry to tell you this but in my opinion Bruce Lee was just an actor/traditional martial artist. He is dead, nothing more can be said.

11. JustGod

JustGod New Member

You wouldn't have this same admiration of him if he wasn't an actor. Sorry to say, but Bruce is all hype. Fighters who are better and more devoted than him are a dime a dozen now.

12. RunninWild

Youre sadly mistaken. If you see Bruce as just a martial artist then you are seriously missing the big picture. You have no idea what he had done f or society, in philosophy and in life in general. And by the way, it wasn't all hype, He trained harder than most if not all MMA fighters that I can think of nowdays. He trained WAY hard...Go look at his daily regiment and youll quickly rethink that. And there ARE videos and the people he sparred with and played around with have said endless times how destructive he could be....he just didn't do it for sport. Smart move too he didnt have to fight in a ring for pennies when he could be making big bucks in Hollywood... Better health FTW. There are so many things you guys aren't taking in account.

13. MyLittleAirport

lol @ "better health", he was in such good health that he died at a young age! [/sarcasm]

14. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

:rofl:

15. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

god someone ban this toolbox

16. JustGod

JustGod New Member

This is a bit disrespectful towards those who make mixed martial arts their profession. I've read about Bruce Lee's training and seen most all the videos they are of him. It still doesn't compare to someone who devotes his entire life to fighting. Remember, Bruce wasn't just a martial artists, his real profession was acting.

Plus, in all the videos that exist of him he seems to show off really bad technique. And you'll have to pardon me if I'm not impressed by what some stunt double, random actor, or fan has to say about him.

17. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Lurk more, Post less.

18. RunninWild

Youre an idiot. An allergic reaction can kill anybody tard. Go do your research.

19. RunninWild

C'mon man. You're smarter than that. You think it were only people like that talking about Bruce? He didn't create a legacy for no reason. Don't be a fool. And it's not disrespectful if it's the truth. He trained obsessivly. Like I said, maybe not more than all but most.

20. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

it's official: this forum needs a mod

21. JustGod

JustGod New Member

Please go away. He created a legacy because he was a huge movie star who was good at martial arts. He doesn't have any fights to his record except for some boxing matches which he lost. Too bad it isn't the truth. Bruce was an actor who also did martial arts. You're trying to compare him to someone who's profession is martial arts.

Seriously, give it up.

22. MyLittleAirport

[​IMG]

23. Placebo

Placebo New Member

This thread needs to be closed.

24. MyLittleAirport

[​IMG]

lololo sorry dude, I just had to. I've been waiting forever to post this pic up and now I got my chance.. twice! Its been a good day so far heheh.

25. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

I agree with the majority. Bruce knew Martial Arts, I will give him that but media (meaning Hollywood and all the otehr avenues) made him bigger then life at a time when there were no amazing people.
    Personally, I catagorize him in the likes of Van Damn, he makes you beleive he is amazing because of the things he is able to do through a camera but it is hype. Heck Claude got beat up at a bar by an average joe in a street fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.