GUN Browning Pro-9 vs. FN P-9

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Raithan, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Raithan

Raithan :wackit:

I've been looking at possibly getting an FNP-9 and I know they are the LEO version of the Browning Pro-9.. but my question is... is there any difference between the guns like frame/grip/weight etc.. I can't seem to find an FNP9 to look at in person locally, but I did find a Browning Pro-9 and I liked the way it felt.. just wondering if it will be the exact same or what differences to expect? Thanks everyone.

2. oakie

oakie my ninja.

how's the overall size on the gun... maybe a comparison in size to a more familiar gun?

i'm considering buying one as the price on them is quite good. and i heard they're "sig-ish" enough to share holsters with the P228/P229.

3. Raithan

Sorry to sound like a noob, but I am.. ;) What is CDNN?

4. HorrorBusiness

HorrorBusiness Active Member

5. soccaian

soccaian New Member

i've never personally handled an fn p-9 or a pro-9, but the hi-power i shot a while back was roughly the same size as a sig 228/9, but a bit skinnier, and the grip was a bit longer... however, my memory of it is a bit rough because i didnt like it (it was a double-action only and that made it a PITA to shoot)

6. Raithan

Hmm, went to CDNN's website (Thanks Horror) and I didn't see any FNP-9's in their little catalog you have to download.. Saw several FN's, but no P-9's. Ah well.. there's a few on Gunbroker for around 340-350 which doesn't sound too bad to me... Now just need to find a cheap place to buy ammo for range use.

7. Raithan

Aha.. I wasn't sure on that one.. looked a lot like it, but because they called it the Decocker, I wasn't sure..
    Wonder why they called it the FNP Decocker... odd. Thanks!

So I can get one w/ a rail, and 2 10rd clips for 299$ from CDNN, or one w/ a rail, and 3 16rd clips for 349$ from Gunbroker... hmm

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  8. Raithan

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
    You have been immense help :) I just contacted a local FFL Holder about doing a transfer for me a few minutes ago. Thanks again!
    :noes: