SRS Brother is cleaning up from a coke addiction...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by googlimen, Jun 14, 2005.

1. googlimen

googlimen New Member

So my brother finally decided that coke is bad for him, makes sense. He seems to be handling it well and not going through any weird stages(not yet atleast) and plans on chekcing into a rehab program within the week.

Anyone got an idea as to what me and my family should expect from him (change in behavior, etc) and the do's and dont's for the situation.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

2. metoots13

metoots13 New Member

I would suggest going to naranon or alanon, family programs, and be sure to go to the family side of the rehab program that your brother gets involved in, they will have suggestions for you.

3. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

I echo metoots' advice about naranon or alanon.

Also if he hasn't actually checked into a rehab program yet, accompany him to a Narcotics Anonymous meeting if he is willing to go. The people at your local NA may be able to help in choosing the best rehab program for him.

4. Mars Princess

Mars Princess They hatin'

if part of his treatment offers some sort of family therapy, go to that. Also, be expecting him to be really tempted or to mess up. THat is not to say that he WILL go back to doing coke, but sometimes people will slip and they should not be berated for this. ENcourage them to get back on track .

5. Team503

Team503 Guest

Be supportive. Try to be there for him, and let him talk about it if he wants - but don't try to push the issue. Sometimes someone in recovery just needs to have people act normal around him.

My brother is a bit over 90 days clean. You can do it, and so can he. :)

Oh, and if you want to talk about anything, feel free to AIM me - CibberBoi, or email [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2005