SRS Brother in Law

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by freezepop, Jan 26, 2007.

1. freezepop

freezepop New Member

So my bro in law has some serious problems with addictions to various things. He's not the huge problem of mine right now. It's that he keeps asking my husband and I for money. We never give it too him. The he goes to my sister in law. She rejects his ass too. But then he goes straight to mama and she sends him money every single time. She positively refuses to believe that her middle son (my husband the youngest...my sis in law the oldest) has a very serious problem with alcoholism, heroine, and pot. What can we say to her to convince her to at the very least quit shelling out money? Should we even try? Should we let her live in her fantasy world and then try to hide what he knew when the bro-in-law winds up dead?

2. accordfreak93

accordfreak93 Go Preds!

tough call there. if your mom is in denial it will be nearly impossible to get her to know the truth without her seeing it for herself. maybe get ur mom to show up when hes been on a heroin binge :dunno: should open her eyes a little and see her son needs real help, not money thrown at him.

3. S4Driver

S4Driver New Member

I agree with accord... Its common for people who know/love the addict to make excuses for them as to their use or addiction. That's why you hear people encourage loved ones to go to meetings as well as the addict. His mom probably needs to see him F'd up once or twice to see how different drugs make him. Good luck, keep being strong!

4. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member