SRS Bros, I think you're all my friends

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by oftenly, Oct 6, 2009.

1. oftenly

oftenly New Member

This forum had such a balming effect on me, I was compelled to make this sappy post. I just came back from my first perusal, and never have 5 consecutive threads connected with me so.

If there's one thing I've discovered in my 24 years, it's that a state of mind is never permanent. I've been plenty depressed, sure, even for months at a time, but it never persists longer than I can wait. In this light, things like contemplating suicide (which, if you ask me, is a high water mark for the quality of your introspective thought) and other dramatic acts lose their urgency. If you can just stay with it, hold on, be willing to accept there exists a state of mind for you somewhere less hostile, you can simply ride it out. No matter what you do, you simply will not feel the same in 24 hours, 4 weeks, 12 months, etc...

I still to cannot seem to imagine Sisyphus happy, however, so expect to see some threads from me in the future. I'd say more now, but I just discovered Conservapedia, and this shit's hilarious.