SRS Bros before hoes, what is your take on this?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by dOOfus, Dec 16, 2005.

1. dOOfus

dOOfus OT Supporter

Recently I broke up with my girlfriend of one month. It wasn't that long so I'm doing fine with it. But before anything happened, my closest guy friend had seemed to show some interest in her. I therefore decided it was proper to ask him how he felt about her. He said he had no interest. So I basically asked him if it was ok with him for me to pursue a relationship with this girl. He said it was cool. Well, just two nites ago, I made plans with him to go out and have a few drinks with the boys. He sounded excited and said he would go. Yesterday, he told me he was probably not going to go because if he came back home from his dorm, his mom would make him stay at home. I called him later to confirm his decision, but he did not pick up his phone. An hour later, tried again, still nothing. So I just decided to head out to grab a drink with the other guys. When we arrived at our destination, I saw from a distance, him sitting outside with my ex. Later that nite, after he took my ex home, he met me and my other friends up. We got to talking and he became angry and shoved me. After that I told him to leave. That was it for the nite. I just called him up and told him we need to talk and he said he's going to watch a movie with my ex. I would think he would care enough about this friendship as much as I do to talk things out once more.

So OT, I ask you this. What is your take on this? Do I have a reason to be angry? He seems oblivious as to any reason why I would be mad. He has always told me bros before hoes, girls are trouble, etc.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2005
  2. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

It is bros before hoes...
    The only way it would be OK for him to chase after your ex is if you gave him permission. Other wise you have every right to be angry at him.

3. dOOfus

dOOfus OT Supporter

I try to look at things in a positive way sometimes and try not to jump to conclusions about things. We all did meet at the same time, so he is friends with her, so maybe he isn't trying to chase after my ex. But I still believe that I have a right to be mad at him because of the fact that he ditched his boys for a girl. And it just makes me even more angry that this girl turns out to be my ex that I just broke up with for less than a week. He said he forgot about our plans but can anyone really be this stupid? Stupid enough to forget about plans in about an hour? I think its all a bunch of lies.

4. dOOfus

dOOfus OT Supporter

This is EXACTLY why I went to him first and asked him how he felt about the girl.

On another note, he is an OTer. I hope he doesn't find this thread. :x:

5. Devilish

Devilish Remind me AGAIN

You're not with her, so why shouldn't he see her?

The problem I would have is not so much that he is seeing your ex, but the fact he lied about why he couldn't go out with you.

I still don't understand with all the women in the world though, why guys want to go for their mates' seconds

6. dOOfus

dOOfus OT Supporter

Well, like I said in a previous post, I'm more mad at the fact that he ditched us for a girl, then turns semi-violent on me. And now he doesn't seem to care about this friendship and seems to only care about the girl.

7. Devilish

Devilish Remind me AGAIN

It happens, and it's now that you'll figure out who your real friends are.

8. johan

johan Active Member

If by "bros" you mean your close buds, then OBVIOUSLY bros before random hoes.

If you mean just any old guy you occasionally hang with...its a close call. Depends on how hot the girl is.

But rule #1. Don't fuck over your closest buddies, your REAL friends. Those are the dudes who will see you through good times and bad.

Random hotties come and go. Your close buds are worth more than that.

Besides, the choice is usually easy anyways, close buds don't cockblock you, that's the whole point of having close buds who are cool and don't fuck you over. (Just like you don't cockblock or fuck them over).

9. dOOfus

dOOfus OT Supporter

:werd: I totally agree with you. So what does OT think I should do? I already called him asking him to talk once again, but instead he decided to go watch a movie with my ex. Should I even bother trying? Or just dump the friendship. To me, it doesn't seem like I should bother anymore.

10. Devilish

Devilish Remind me AGAIN

Dump the friendship. If he gives a rats, he should call you.

11. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

If he is not willing to talk to you, just forget him. Maybe he'll realize what he is doing and come back to reality or at least explain himself. If not, you are saving your self future grief.

12. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

:werd:

13. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

He sounds like a tool. I'd forget about him. Let him vanish into oblivion with this hoe and you and your real friends can continue to party.

14. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

If you both dip your pens in the same ink pot... the ink will eventually run out.

15. dOOfus

dOOfus OT Supporter

huh? :hsugh:

16. johan

johan Active Member

twice the love, double the fun.

17. project2501

project2501 New Member

your friend sounds like a total tool, ditch that asshole.

18. dOOfus

dOOfus OT Supporter

Well, he told me he'd call me back, but never did. That was two days ago. So, I told myself fuck it.

19. GRocks10

GRocks10 New Member

Personally, I think your friend sounds like a jackass.. you asked him from the get-go if it was cool for you to go for her because you thought it was the right thing to do since you knew he had some interest but as a GOOD friend without going for her without him knowing.. you ASKED him if it was cool that you pursue something with her and he said he had no problem with it..

The way I see how things played out is pretty damn messed up.. you had a relationship with her and things are through, that means that friends should already know better than to cross a line by getting with your ex.. its just a rule between anyone really that cares about a friendship that you shouldn't jump that barrier by going for the ex.. but what does he do? Lies to you and ends up getting with her and then acts as if he has the right to be MAD at you!? I don't think so..

If anything, hes not a real friend especially if hes not willing to talk things out with you. He hasn't called you now in 2 days, why waste your time getting in touch? End it now and don't call him back.. let him realize what hes doing is fucked up.. better idea, forward this thread to him since hes a member. I think there is a enough replies here to justify what he is doing IS not cool.

Bros before hoes.. totally agree. Chicks come and go.. true friends are there through it all.

20. cptmobvious

cptmobvious New Member

Bros before hos.
    He did nothing wrong with going out with your ex.. he did not need permission to go out with your ex, because after all.. she is your EX.
    BUT, you should question the friendship because he wasnt honest, and tried to keep you in the dark.
    You only want to surround yourself with honest people.

21. dOOfus

dOOfus OT Supporter

UPDATE

Well, he ended up finding this thread somehow and that is when he called me. I feel like he only called because he read the thread. He called me about a week ago and we met up to talk. I pretty much told him everything I had to say, how I felt, what I thought. He did the same. He also told me he finally realized what he did was really fucked up and would never do it again. We never really agreed upon anything, but decided to just move on and see what happens in the future. Until yesterday. Thursday nites for us are usually Dave and Busters nites. We always go there every Thursday, there has never been an exception. I called him to ask him when he was going to go, but he told me he was going to grab some tea with my ex. Now, I think this sucks because he's pretty much breaking a weekly thing we do. I ended up going with my other friends. When I left, I saw him in the parking lot with my ex. Do I have a reason to be mad? I feel like what he did Thursday nite was the same thing he did the other time. He told me he would never do it again, but he did. What is your take on this OT?

I also found out that one of my other friends is mad at him too for the same reason. She is mad because ever since the ex and I broke up, he has not bothered at all to keep in touch with her. They used to chill all the time together until we broke up.

22. katt_85

katt_85 OT Supporter

Considering the ONLY reason he called you was because he found this thread online shows he has no interest in anyone but himself. Let him have your ex; you probably broke up for a reason. Considering shes dating him, shes probably not interested in you anymore. Let them have each other, but don't take his crap. Personally, I wouldnt associate with him anymore after this. 'Considering hes done this to two people, it really shows what he thinks of his friends. :ugh:

23. dOOfus

dOOfus OT Supporter

So now he tells me he told her that he couldn't talk to her anymore because of all this. :wtf:

24. RoudyruffKK

RoudyruffKK OT Supporter

by "doing this to 2 people" isn't that he took 2 people's ex, basically he's "ditching" his friends to hang out with this girl.

i think you should just let it be, if he doesn't show any interest in ur friendship and continues to go behind your back or throw you lies then i think you've done more than you needed to keep this friendship. it seems as if he doesn't care much about it though, which kind of sucks because i've known you 2 personally before OT and it was and has always been a blast to all hang out. who knows if it'll ever happen again in the future but it's just sad to see things go this way.

25. dOOfus

dOOfus OT Supporter

:sadwavey: