SRS Broken up for a long time...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ay thunderrcat, Feb 21, 2005.

1. ay thunderrcat

ay thunderrcat You can have all the hoes, I'm gon keep the women.

me and my ex have been broken up for about 6 months now... and her bday is coming up, she sent me a card for my bday in jan but we havent talked since then... anyway, would it be too much if i sent her a rose for her bday? i mean, im not expecting anything to happen, like for her to talk to me again... u know?

2. BBQ Monster

BBQ Monster New Member

Seeing how she sent you a card I see no problem with it. But try something besides flowers, flowers say more then they appear. If I got flowers from a ex, I would think he was trying too be more than a friend. And if she has a BF right now he might not want too see his GF get roses or flowers from a ex. Flowers say so much, I am sorry, I love you, Just thinking of you, Get well. But if you want too send her something for her birthday try a card or a stuffed animal that says happy birthday on it. I would not send flowers but that is just me.

3. ay thunderrcat

ay thunderrcat You can have all the hoes, I'm gon keep the women.

i think ur right, a stuffed aminal that says hapy birthday sounds cool 8)

4. tat was blue

tat was blue New Member

good call. flowers can give the wrong message far too easly

5. Whalephat

Whalephat Conservative Bastard

I'd avoid the stuffed animal as it could potentially cause the same problems as her receiving flowers if she has a boyfriend right now. Just a nice birthday card with a short, thoughtful personal note of some sort inside is all you need to risk sending.

Keep whatever you write inside short and pleasant while avoiding anything that could be seen as you overtly trying to hook back up with her.

If you play it safe, she'll appreciate it if she does have a boyfriend. If she doesn't have one, it may lead her to contact you and renew whatever channels of communication you both feel is acceptable.

6. RyeBread

RyeBread If you tell the truth you don't have to remember a

I personally wouldn't send her anything.

If she gave the card to you for your birthday as a true gift, then she's not expecting anything in return.

more than likely, it wasn't sent as such, and she wants to keep you somewhat close - for whatever reasons. If you want to be that guy, then send her a card with a similar phrase/signature as she sent you.

as everyone else has said already tho - don't escalate this to a flower, or a trinket/bear thing.

7. otama

otama New Member

:werd:

8. brownrice

brownrice 2 + 2 = 5

just call her and tell her you just wanted to wish her a happy birthday. seem really busy so you don't have time to talk about what's new and blah blah blah. be cordial and FRIENDLY and quick.

9. Send a card, or call. nothing else. She didnt send you anything other than that, and it seems as though that was meant to be a polite birthday card. So send her a polite birthday card.
    no trinkets.

10. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

thats what i was gonna say :) also what i would do :)

your putting way too much thought into an ex :)