Broken PC: No video.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by PSUPef2K, Oct 9, 2003.

1. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

I replaced the mobo and processor twice...what the hell else could it be? HD? Ram? Any ideas?

I turn it on and it seems like its booting, but I can't tell because I have no video. Any ideas?

2. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

Do you have any other video cards to play with? I've seen some video card / mobo incompatibilities in my time.

3. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Yeah.. I would think Video card would be the first to be checked?? :confused:

4. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

if you get no video then it's probably the video card

5. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

Try different video card and different monitor before replacing anything else.

6. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

its on board video. Ive tried agp cards to no avail. Could the power supply Be screwed up and not giving the right power to the MOBO? The power supply is the ONLY part I haven't switched out.

7. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

If the power supply wasn't giving the right power to the mobo then NOTHING would work.

So it is on board video and you have swaped mother boards twice? If so you either have really bad luck or there is something wrong with the monitor. Have you tried the monitor on another machine to see if it even works?

8. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

Does the onboard video work? If so did you disable the onboard video from the BIOS and then plug in the AGP card unless it automatically detects another video card?

9. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

I have a computer with the same symptoms. I unplug the power from the back of the PS and plug it back in and try it. IF it doesn't work, I try it again. Eventually it works.

Goddamn I work with a lot of shit...

10. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

if you get a lot of beeping on startup, it is the video card

if thats not the problem, try to reset the cmos using the jumper on the motherboard

if that doesn't work (probably won't), try to take out every pci card except for the video card

if that doesn't work try to unplug the cd drives and hard drive and right when you start it up just hold down any key...if it beeps right before the point it would normally show the windows xp startup screen that means its saying you have a key stuck...that means it is most likely not the motherboard

try that first...then let me know because i have a couple other suggestions that i can think of but i'm innebriated and tired :big grin: