Broken Flowers

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by SS109, Aug 16, 2005.

1. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

Interesting but Jarmusch & Murray are a little too full of themselves. Better to rent than to see in the theatre.

I did like the story, about visiting old girlfriends. How many of you wonder how your exes are doing or if you have unknown children? (I guess women don't worry about unknown children unless they are egg doners.)

2. daydreaming

daydreaming New Member

is it just me or is Murray doing some really stupid movies. I fell asleep in Life Aquatic. his new sense of humor, isn't really funny.

3. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

I really like his new rolls, he was good in Ghost Busters, Groundhog's Day, etc, but this is really showing his depth as an actor I think. I loved Lost in Translation just because I got to see him doing something totally different.

My friend waited on him in a restaurant once and said he is like hyper though, and just couldn't sit still... !

4. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

And Lolita was some interesting eye candy.

It is hard to believe that it is the same actor playing both Peter Venkman & Don Johnston.

And Tilda Swinton was totally unrecognizable.

5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

Peter Venkman. He was just one of the best characters of the 80s. I loved him! Do you think a remake of that would work now w/ all the special effects that are there now, it could be cool--but I don't think it would ever come close to the original.

6. Minty

Minty Fresh and Minty!

I was choosing between this movie and Charlie and the chocolate factory in the cinema but I ended up watching Charlie and the chocolate factory.

7. joy division

joy division New Member

:ugh:

lost in translation, rushmore, life aquatic...all great movies. Just like caddyshack, ghost busters, stripes etc. etc. etc. He is a genius