Broken cell phone. Can I still get my numbers off it?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by cutlasskid85, Jan 10, 2006.

1. cutlasskid85

cutlasskid85 OT Supporter

My cell phone broke this weekend . Its a moto v400 . The screen and keypad are two separate pieces now. The phone still works , it can call out and receive, just can't hear anything with out the ear piece. The problem is I need the numbers off it and have no way of getting them when the screen is broken off. Think it would work if I put this phone and another v400 together so I could get the numbers? :x:

2. randomender

randomender New Member

they can probably be able to plug it in an download the numbers off the phone in whatever service store you use

3. alex

alex My neighbor got the gas chamber awhile back for do Moderator

Yeah. I know if it was a LG, I'd be able to get the numbers off quick.

I'm an LG enthusiast, with 4 different USB cables for all their models.

But, I'm sure with the right Moto cable you'd be able to do it, assuming it's just the earpiece that's broken and not the actual 'guts'. Try eBay for a cheap USB data cable and www.howardforums.com for step-by-step instructions on how to get the numbers off.

Or just go to your local service store and ask them politely to do it and print it or something.

/thread.

4. cutlasskid85

Thanks .
    The phone still functions fine except for not having a screen and earpiece

5. Ham Sammich

Ham Sammich New Member

Just wondering but why not pop your SIM card out of the phone and plug in someone who has the same phone or go to your phone provider and ask them if you can put the card in their display phones or the ones they usually keep in a drawer behind the desk so you can actually see what the phone is like before you buy it.

6. cutlasskid85

The number are not saved on the sim card. I saved all to the phone so I would be able to set ringer ids for some of the number. It wouldn't let me do that if the numbers were saved to the sim.

7. freakinfreak

freakinfreak IDK. My BFF Jill?

If you found the key sequence from another phone to copy from phone to SIM card, you would have your phonebook on the SIM. Another alternative is to take the phone to a store that has a Cellebrite transfer machine and they can transfer everything for a small fee.

8. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

If the phone still powers on, take it to a Cingular store and they can transfer the phone numbers off of it to a sim card or your new phone for $5...sometimes its well worth it.