Brokeback Mtn.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by sleev, Jan 19, 2006.

1. sleev

sleev It's sleep, life, and death It's speed, coke, and

If we see it, will there be nekked man butt in it ?

:eek3:

2. SquallRm

SquallRm New Member

Im not homophobe but i was afraid that this movie will be queer eye for the straight guy.

Saw it, loved it. Its not until 30 minutes before the movie ends where you just fall in love with the movie. Acting was supurb, storytelling was supurb, go see it, there really isnt a lot of queezy moments.

3. thaioneon

thaioneon New Member

i would urge everyone to go see this film. there is a brief "sex scene" near the beginning but its pretty brief and in now way distracting.

at its core, bbm is just a story about love and turmoil. and its one of the most well-made movies i've seen in years. ang lee absolutely deserves every directing honor he gets for this project.

4. joy division

joy division New Member

YOU LOVE THE COCK
    lc

5. Sotangledup

Sotangledup Guest

not enough man cock! jk

There is a brief sex scene and your casual kissing. I thought it would be your typical movie but it was far and beyond. There was no bad acting in the movie, even Anna Farris was good. The plot, everything was Oscar worthy, not to mention emotional.

6. SaviouR

SaviouR Dallas - Choke City :(

It is an Ang Lee movie so that alone should warrant your interest. All Ang Lee movies are much deeper and thought-provoking than what it seems to be on the surface.

If you liked his previous blockbuster releases, you might his older films like The Ice Storm (my favorite Ang Lee film), Sense and Sensibility, or Eat Drink Man Woman.

7. HoodRich

HoodRich Professional Street Nigga OT Supporter

is that a joke? Hulk was garbage. This movie was good though, the job ledger does makes gyllenhaal look a little sloppy on camera though. Take nothing away from jake gyllenhaal's performance though, its just a testament to how spectacular heath ledger is in the film. Its a beautiful movie

8. Exum

Exum Guest

I'm going tonight :wiggle:

9. Exum

Exum Guest

its not that bad...the sex scenes

10. brandonlee81

brandonlee81 Teh Michael Jordan of Baseball of Posters

SPOILER DO NOT READ THIS

(assuming you haven't seen the movie)

i feel stupid even asking this, but i just wanted to clear things up...

at the end...when Jack's wife is recounting how he died, and then Heath Ledger sees Jack getting beat up for just like a couple seconds, i was a little unclear on whether that's what really happened (what i would ultimately think) or whether Heath Ledger's character was just thinking slash fearing that was what really happened to him?

Tell me the answer.

11. brandonlee81

brandonlee81 Teh Michael Jordan of Baseball of Posters

:bigthumb:

That is more or less the conclusion I came too, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

12. SquallRm

SquallRm New Member

can someone explain something to me. SPOILER

at end of the movie, Jack's father tells heath's character that he told his parents of how he was going to start a farm and fix everything up with heath's character. then he father mentions that jack was going to bring another follow, was it that guy who asked jack to go fishing with him??

im just confused at what jack's father said.

13. svetlanalemon

svetlanalemon A little blood and vomit on the car seat...

god, i still have to see this.
    it's sort of a "watch in the big screens" kind of movie

ill probably jsut end up watching it on dvd though :(

14. Chabaz

Chabaz OT Supporter

Oh really...that is what I kind of thought - but then I thought back to when Ennis (heath ledger) was talking about how his father took him out to the irrigation ditch, and showed him and his brother - the fag that got his penis tord off.

He said it could have been his own father for all he knows - so I thought ...myabe that when Ennis had the 'vision' - that it was just a mental thought of his father beating up the gay guy in the ditch...but - yes I go back and rewatch - and it's jack...Okay

15. Bella

Bella New Member

BORING!!!!!!! DON'T SEE IT WAIST OF TIME opps sorry about caps

16. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

My wife and I saw it the other night. Damn good movie, definately deserves the press and awards that it is getting,

The acting is on point and the movie is an open-your-ways type story. Highly recommend to anyone that isnt shallow and insecure that they cant see a movie about gay men.

17. Bella

Bella New Member

I work at a salon with plently of gay men that I love and are my best friends but it was boring and many of them didnt like it either. So to call someone insecure and shallow because they choose to not watch the movie or didnt like the movie is moronic on your part. I disliked it, thought they should have been together if anything but they didnt because they cared to much about other opinions.

18. joy division

joy division New Member

:werd:

I was going to go see it, but I was like fuck that I'll get the real experience....and went to the compound :joshers:

19. Bella

Bella New Member

You and me Joy, we've always been about the love in these places :)

20. Yodaman456

Yodaman456 New Member

horrible movie, anyone who says its good should just be shot or ended right now because they arent worth wasting precious film time on. this was a terrible attempt at making a a movie, acting was horrible, script sucked, and ang lee did a terrible job at directing, esp. after the hulk. Munich for best picture all the way.

21. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

You completely misread my post. I am not saying you are insecure if you didnt like the film, that is your right to dislike. What is insecure is if you are a straight man and you refuse to see the film just because it may show two men kissing. I have lots of friends who refuse to see it for that reason. I think that is immature and shallow. That is what I meant.

22. death poochie

death poochie New Member

Why is someone insecure if they'd rather not see two men kissing? Can a man just plain ol' not want to see two men kissing (or, for that matter, humping in a pup-tent in the Canadian Rockies) without having to lie on a couch and talk about the relationship he had with his father?

Gays can look away without drawing ire from the PC-five-0 when a straight couple is sucking face. Why do I have to shrug and smile when two bearded fat guys are tonguing each other so hard that they look like cujo eating an apple pie?

Some would say it's silly to stay away from an Oscar contender just because of one or two uncomfortable scenes. Others would argue that many are calling this 'the gay cowboy movie' and, as such, have people expecting a LOT more gay sex than is actually in the movie. :squint: :nono:

23. Lou

Lou New Member

mmm, I didn't like the movie that much, but what I did like was the beautiful cinematography and throughout the acting was superb. I guess I just found the storyline dull, I'm glad I saw it though if not just for the cinematography.

24. jordan04

jordan04 The seeds of love have taken hold, and if we won't

I'm gay and I didn't find this movie all that great. The only thing phenomenal to me is that this is a mainstream movie. For that I'm glad. It's been too long that homosexuality has been confined to snarky queens in comedies.