Broke things off with my girlfriend...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Sybian, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

Really doesn't matter why or how. The question is how do you cope? I really loved her. :wtc:

2. AaronJ

AaronJ New Member

To be honest...the best way to keep your mind off of things is to chase some tail..Don't talk to her for a while, it will make you miss her more.

3. 1.8t

1.8t Member

Time, time, and more time. Focus on school, hobbies, work, etc. Hang with your buddies and just fucking have a good time. It will be tough at first, but you will eventually get over her.

4. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

Its crazy rough right now. Everything I ever did wrong is racing through my head.

5. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

go do something wrong with a younger, hotter girl :naughty:

6. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

:werd:

my now exGF...after we broke up I was a mess. I really loved her too, and it's taken a long time for me to move on.

I'm still not completely over it seeing as things keep on repeating in my head...a lot of stuff happened that I never got any answers for, so the same questions keep repeating...but it's been getting better.

You just gotta keep yourself busy, I have to hang out with my pals, because when I'm with them I don't think about her...I have fun and my mind is clear. However when I'm sitting there by myself doing nothing, my mind wonders back to things.

takes time man :sad2:

7. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

She was a great girlfriend. I fucked it all up with my own bullshit and that's what makes it so rough. I'm just having a really rough time. Thank you all for the advice though.

8. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

gym, surround yourself with friends at all times so you're not sitting home alone thinking

9. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

Sorry to hear about the break up. People cope in different ways. First, I would just say remember that life isn't over. I'm assuming you were able to have fun, be productive, have a decent life before she came into your life and, despite enjoying being with her, you can do all that again. The toughest part of breaking up, especially when you feel at fault in some way, is letting go and dealing with the shock to your own sense of identity.

Second, if you feel that it really was "bullshit" that screwed up the relationship, figure out steps you can take to correct that bullshit. Not to get back with your ex, but so that in your next relationship (there will be a next one) you don't make the same mistakes again.

Break ups suck. I wish you well. Oh, and be sure to watch all those movies that women tend to roll their eyes at while you have time to enjoy them.

10. otherlank

otherlank OT Supporter

The advice here has been good so far. You really have to immerse yourself in both your friends and other activities. Going to the gym really helped me out. I got to go to the gym and beat the shit out of myself basically. It really takes away some of the negative energy you have towards everything.

Friends are great too. When I broke up with my gf, my friends basically said we're going out...we'll pick you up in an hour. As much as I didn't want to be with anyone, it really helped.

It's the time alone in your room that kills you. So immerse yourself in a project. I don't know if you are working or in school, but this is a good time to improve yourself be it in school or in your career.

Time is really the only thing thats going to heal you. It's pretty shitty that there's nothing else you can do, but you can either make your perception of that time go slower by sitting around doing nothing but thinking about her, or make that time move quicker and more worthwhile by doing something for yourself.

11. :smile:

:smile: New Member

i'm doing the same thing right now.. it fucking sucks!

12. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

She keeps texting me saying sorry for everything and stuff. That makes it worse but I don't want to tell her to stop. I have a lot of things coming up that should make it easier, lots of hours at work, school, lots of new video games.

I know there'll be another girl and I'm anxious to find out who or what she'll be like. Hopefully someone that's more in tune with me and what I want.

13. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

why is she saying sorry if it was your bullshit that seems to be the problem(so you said)???

14. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Sorry to hear that.

100% no contact is the way to go. Broken record to her "It's over, please don't call me/text me any more." Then just repeat the same thing over and over and finally stop replying.

Go out with friends, that's a MUST. No matter what it is they are doing, no matter how stupid, go with them just to get out of the house. Give yourself a few weeks, it can take quite a long time (longer for men than women) to get over it.

Good luck! :wavey: