Broke it off, girl is really hurt.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ia_cox, Apr 27, 2007.

1. ia_cox

ia_cox Active Member

Alright, here's the scoop. At the beginning of the semester (edit)I got out of a really sick relationship and had a hard time getting over her (1st gf, maniuplative cunt). Anyway, a friend of mine had a friend that was interested in me, and had been for some time. We started hanging out, but I let her know that I wasn't interested in anything serious whatsoever. At that time (February/March) I honestly didn't find any other girl attractive; I was still tied up in my ex. However as I finally started getting over her I started getting a little more serious: spending more time together, would cuddle on the bed, making out...but nothing farther than making out physically.

Anyway, that went on for a few weeks...until this last week that I finally realized that the physical attraction just was never going to come. She's a bigger girl...and while I'm not in the best shape myself... I just was never attracted to her. Last night I ended up staying at her place cuz I didn't have a bus to get back to mine. Slept in the same bed...and I hated it. She wanted to cuddle...I moved away as far as possible. I just did NOT want to. So she called me tonight and I just basically let it out...I was tired and I probably didn't use as much tact as I could...but I basically said that I didn't see anything coming out of her and I...I would still like to be friends, but I can't see anything else happening.

The only other thing I guess I should mention is she's from Florida...and a major thing she dealt with earlier in the semester was whether she should stay here at Iowa or go to Florida for school next fall. She eventually decided to stay here...and even though she says it wasn't a reason, I think a major playing piece was me being here.

I feel really freakin bad about the whole deal...any advice on what I can do from here? There was apretty tight knit group of friends we had going on (her and I included) and now if nothing else there's going to be tension/drama...my friend who intorduced the two of us is really pissed at me...*shrug* just wait until school gets out in two weeks?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  2. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

i'd say you made it pretty clear, just give her time to get over the situation and maybe you two can be friends again if thats what you both want. but if she was really into you, that may not be possible.

3. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

If you were never attracted to her then how did you make out with her? I can't imagine making out with someone that I'm not attracted to at all :dunno:

No need to feel too bad though. People get rejected, that's life. You did the right thing by being honest and not stringing her along.

4. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

You can choose to feel bad, or you can give yourself credit for making the mature decision and following it through even though it caused you discomfort.

You would want a woman to be honest with you, wouldn't you?

5. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

if a boyfriend of a few weeks was a major reason for her to go to one school over another, the girl is an idiot.

6. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I agree with what everyone else has said...there's no real reason for you to feel bad. You did the best thing for her in the long run...people get rejected, but they do eventually get over it.

Your pity will not help her at all.

7. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

You're going to feel bad, but you have no reason to, she'll get over you soon enough.

8. ia_cox

ia_cox Active Member

We never even got far enough to consider calling ourselves bf/gf. However I think she stayed because she hoped for the possibility of me coming around and wanting to date her...even though every time we had a serious talk I always said I wanted nothing serious and couldn't promise anything that came out of this.

9. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

so she's an idiot.

10. ia_cox

ia_cox Active Member

To be honest I really don't feel that bad...like I didn't lose any sleep over it. I've been rejected as well, and yeah it hurts, but it's nothing too major. Plus she's going home around her friends in two weeks so it shouldn't be a problem anyway.

The thing that I've gotten in "trouble" for with my friend is a couple nights ago the girl and I hung out...I could tell she really wanted me to stay...however I did not, so I made her give me a ride back to my room, but on the way I was like "the next time I'm over this late I'll just stay; I hate making you drive me back". Stupid of me, yeah, cuz it cornered me into staying, but I could tell she wanted to and I wanted to get a feel for how I'd feel with it. So I'm being accused of leading her on because of that

11. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You did the right thing man. I know you feel bad for it hurting her (which is sweet that you even care) but it's not your fault. The only thing you can do now is not be a total dick to her. Like you say you all have a group of similar friends. Just don't ignore her, because that's always hurtful and awkward. If you told her you want to still be friends you can be "friends" (though she might say she's ready to be friends she definitely isn't).