GUN BRNO model 2, dont know much about it, learn me about it

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by bigman7903, Dec 1, 2005.

1. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

BRNO model 2, heard about them and the model 4, but i cant really find much about them, ive heard they are decent beginner models (model 2), and the model 4 is a little more advanced, just curiosity peeking through

2. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

What he hell is a BRNO?

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

what he said

5. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

BRNO is a town in Czechoslovakia that later became CZ and then ZB and a bunch of other confusing things. Alot of rifles you see will be called things like BRNO CZs and what not. Maybe Clean97GTI can shed some light on this; I think BRNO and CZ are basically the same company.

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Did a quick search on Google for brno model 2, mostly pulled up alot of austrailan sites but also pulled up a couple gun broker auctions for $500+ I didn't see anything special about them and for that kinda price save your money buy a 10/22 and add shit onto it.

7. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

BRNO is one of the developers/manufacturers of the Bren. The name Bren was a combination of BRNO and Enfield. Other than that, I know nutzing.

8. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

this is mainly what i wanted to know for the most part, that and the fact that they are supposed to be designed like an accurized mauser actions (which interests me since they are solid actions), one of the austrailian sites mentioned above (yes a noob actually checked google before posting, amazing) said that a model 2 was a pretty good target .22 for first time owners, then bump up to a model 4 for more experienced users, and the prices they moentioned were not bad at all, 300 for a model 2, and 600 for a model 4 (both used), as long as neither are customized, which leads me to another question, where might you find parts to customize it, especially since it seems to be so little known about it.

and as a sidenote, i believe what 7 says to be true, BRNO was imported by CZ if i understand it (maybe bought out)

here is a .22 caliber BRNO model 4, from a gun broker auction (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=40739244)
    [​IMG]

yeah, i like 10/22's but i prefer bolt action better, dunno why but i do, and besides to get a 10/22 to do what i want accuracy wise id have to spend a 300-400 anyhow to attain nickle to quarter size 3 shot groups at 100 yds

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
  9. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Why not just buy a new Anschutz? :dunno:

10. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

true, i have no idea what i want, all i know is a .22 bolt action, i saw this, and id never heard of it and i was curious to see if anyone had experience w/ it here or knew anything since i'm sort of interested now, and truthfully i like the way the BRNO looks as compared with anschutz to tell you the truth (although function is more important)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005