Brinkster

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by PBizme, Jan 27, 2004.

1. PBizme

PBizme I Got Nothing

Anyone use Brinkster for hosting at all? I used it for my ASP.Net class last semester and I started on a site for some softball teams that I was using Brinkster to host. Everything worked fine a month ago when I last worked on the page, but now nothing loads. I get errors for every page. I'm wondering if something is fucked up with Brinkster since I didn't mess with anything and the backups I have on my computer still work when I run them using Web Matrix. Anyone else having trouble with them?

The site address is http://www24.brinkster.com/doxsoftball/index.aspx if you want to see the error.

2. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Looks like programming error? :dunno:

I have used brinkster for years.. no problems. :hs:

3. PBizme

PBizme I Got Nothing

I don't see how it can be a programming error. It worked a month ago and it hasn't changed. The files still work when i run them here. I think that ASP.Net isn't enabled or something because it's having trouble with the statement to connect to the access database? i don't know. i overwrote the files with the ones from my computer that definitely work and they aren't working on Brinkster.

4. carlin

carlin Guest

if asp.net wasn't enabled, you wouldn't be able to see the code either ...

i would check the file/folder permissions, the application setting and also the file path inside your code... and then post a message on briskster's forums...

5. PBizme

PBizme I Got Nothing

hadn't ever looked at the Brinkster forums before. sounds like there is something wrong with Brinkster because lots of people are having problems like me where the code is fine somewhere else, but Brinkster is broken

6. PBizme

PBizme I Got Nothing

well i just checked it and it's working again now. hopefully they fixed whatever was wrong for good