bringing up going dutch...help

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by SovietRussia, Aug 15, 2006.

1. SovietRussia

SovietRussia What? You pooped in the refrigerator? OT Supporter

ok, im tired of paying for all these dates and then getting clowned on if i try and save money by using coupons or something. :o

so how do i bring up the concept of going dutch (splitting the bill) or me picking up one, and her picking up the next, without sounding cheap? :noes:

2. Abomb

Abomb New Member

stop fucking paying for her every time

how? grow some balls, no offense.

3. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

:werd: just TELL her what's on your mind if she doesn't want to pay then go for a walk/take her back to your place and "watch a movie".

4. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

do something that doesnt cost any money

5. deznutz

deznutz New Member

word.

Cheap dates FTW.

Although i should listen to my own advice...i always pay for dates because i always end up asking them out :o

6. SovietRussia

so say we are at dinner...i just say "well, im getting kinda tired of paying for dinner all the time..." :ugh2:

im sure that will go over real well.

7. SovietRussia

food cost money, and we both like going out to dinner...so no.

8. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

:ugh: you tell her before dinner... like, um, I dont know... over the phone before you meet...if she's a bitch about it then fuck her and dump her when you're done...

:o...ok maybe not that last part

9. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

That is probably something you should bring up BEFORE you go out to dinner next time ;)

10. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Don't discuss it WHILE you're at dinner. If you want her to pay her half, ask her BEFORE the date.

Just be tactful about it, like "You know, I love going out with you and everything, but my wallet is really taking a strain from all of this. Would you mind picking up your half of the check, or maybe alternate who pays? I just have to watch my money if I'm going to save up for a financially secure future...."

Not only do you get your point across, but you earn brownie points for being responsible and thinking ahead with your money. Win-win! And, if she balks at paying, just send her gold-digging ass to packing!

11. God of Thunder

God of Thunder New Member

just say you don't have enough money to go out, if she doesn't offer to pick it up, or pay half, then do something else.

12. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

trying not to repost anything that's been said...

but if a girl really gets all worked up about something like that. Then ditch her. Seriously.

How shallow is that? When the girl can't put in mutual effort into something, or understand your situation????

I personally am old fashoned and like paying for everything, however I do not have the funds to do that. My GF understands and we always alternate and split dates. If she didn't understand that and I was forced to pay EVERY time....then there would be a big problem.

13. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

Is she someone you are dating exclusively? If you're in a relationship, I'd seriously consider the long term implications that SHE hasn't brought up going dutch. Sounds to me like she's high maintence and when the $$ stop, so does the relationship. Pretty shallow if you ask me.

Personally, I would ALWAYS offer to trade off on the bill. Maybe not split it all the time, but if he would take it once, I'd take it the next time. I'd get damn put out if he didn't allow me that equality.

14. low20

low20 Member

my gf would usually offer to either pay or pay half every once and a while...she felt bad that I would always pay...now that weve been going out for a long time it just works out somehow that I end up not paying for it all every time.

15. some person

some person Sheep Shagging Priest

Totally I always like to pay, its just the done thing for me, but often a girl im with will say "no you paid for last night, last time etc - let me get it" and i do,

But if shes exclusive, sounds a bit like she is enjoying and liking, but tbh it might be nothing if you ask she'll be like all ok. just bring it up before the incident!

16. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

"It's your turn to take me out to dinner... how's Tuesday?"

"Can you cook? How about making me something special?"

"You can pay for the next one."

"So, you'll get the wine?"

If she does a ':hsugh: I don't buy guys dinner' then stop fricken seeing her. QUALIFY these bishes.

17. Placebo

Placebo New Member

It always evens out. The girl always pays too.

18. big 1

big 1 New Member

WOW, it depends what type of financial situation this girl is. My bf stopped paying for things a year ago, and since then, were in a dating rut..becasue im a student with 20 bucks to my name, and hes a child psychologist who makes close to what my dad does... while I would LOVE to afford to pay half on dates with my bf, its just not financially possible, unless we sit at home and watch tv....

And becasue we dont go out UNLESS i can pay my half, all we do is watch TV.

So, if your girl is in the financial position to foot the bill, then bring it up to her, but if shes broke and youre not.....keep silent.

On the other hand, if she works and isnt a student, then its okay for her to split half the time.

Although try not having her dad hear about this, cus i know if MY dad knew that my BF wasnt paying for dates, hed be really mad...itbasically depends what type of family she is(traditional or not).

If this girl is really from a traditional family, you may be stepping on her values if you ask her to pay, and then youd be loking at the door..........regardles of any "materialism".

19. big 1

big 1 New Member

so.these are my questions to you:

1. is she a student? (ie. is she in the position to afford to pay?)
    2. is she a traditional type of person?
    3. do you work fulltime? are you a student?

20. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

So here's what I wonder: What would happen if you stopped paying her way. Would she still hang out with you, be fun to be with, etc.? It's an interesting question as it addresses the issue of the woman liking YOU or your wallet.

Any woman who doesn't pass the test of sticking by your side when you are unexpectedly broke for a month isn't worth keeping, in my opinion. Shit happens, and you want a woman who will work to be with you no matter what.

21. SovietRussia

1. no
    2. yes traditional
    3. yes and not a student

its not like im a big baller or anything. i make fine money, and i like to pay for her, because i am kinda old school like that. but i guess sometimes i feel like i am basically paying for sex. :hsd:

22. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Me and GF alternate who pays. One day she will pay, the next I will pay.

23. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Well, what exactly IS your relationship with her? Just going out and doing things that cost money, and sex? Or is there another aspect to the relationship involving things that aren't sex or spending money?

24. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

well the financial situation of the guy matters too. He is paying every time and he doesn't have the funds to do so. If she cannot understand that and put effort into it aswell....then screw her.

and the fact that she's coming from a "traditional family" is a BS excuse. I don't think your "values" are THAT important when you cant even help out your BF paying for something....because she wasn't raised that way or shouldn't have to spend a few dollars aswell :rolleyes:

if she doesn't understand and refuse to help out....she's pretty fucking shallow. Period.

25. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Best approach.