Bringing flowers to her door, a cliche?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by :f13nd15h:, Jan 1, 2006.

1. :f13nd15h:

:f13nd15h: Gangstah fo' lyfe

First date, and i don't want it to be the same boring type stuff.

Do girls still prefer having a guy bring a rose, or a small bouquet to her door? Or is it worn out? I was thinking of bringing a small orange plant instead. So it grows with her. But i dont think she has the time to take care of it.

What have guys presented to you girls at the first date?
    Small stuffed animal w/candy?

2. Tugga

Tugga OT Supporter

orange plant haha nah stick with a rose

3. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

I agree. I would rather have a single rose given to me any time. It's traditional, romantic, and classic.

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

"And the next time you squeeze the pulp out of one of these oranges, I want you to think of me..." :eek4:

No, bad idea. Stick to something simple like the single flower, something of that nature. I would even try to stay away from the candy because you never know what she may or may not like.

5. panzerfaust

panzerfaust New Member

It isn't worn out, it's a little romantic and shows that you went out of your way for her.

Don't bring anything over the top. Loose the candy, animals or anything like that.

If you feel that you have to bring something, bring a simple flower that you picked somewhere before you came.

Wow, virgins giving dating advice :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: . OT is truly a special place.

6. :f13nd15h:

sigh, i guess i cant break tradition. :rolleyes:

single flower or rose it is.

With a small plant, it won't die in a week, and whenever she sees it, she will think of me. It releases a sweet orangish fragrance, and looks much better than a damn rose. but whatever. Maybe it's more of a one year anniversary thing. :hsugh:

7. :f13nd15h:

Yeah because virgins never go on dates. :rolleyes:

8. kakariko

kakariko Purple Member OT Supporter

9. Zimmy76

Zimmy76 I like my beer like I like my violence, domestic

I don't even bring roses to the first date, however the last couple "dates" I had, I wasn't sure if they were actual dates or just get togethers.

So I don't want to freak them out and make them think I'm expecting something out of this.--if that all makes sense

10. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

If you want to fling mud, do so via PM, not in threads here. We've already lost one thread to babble and childish bullshit, don't start it in this one please.

But anyway, maybe a Sunflower? They are out of season so 1 may cost you like $6, but they arent the typical date flower, 1's big enough not to look puny plus its something she wouldnt be expecting.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  11. dark cloud

dark cloud New Member

If it's a first date it's a bad idea. You barely know the girl and you're already trying to supplicate her. If she's attractive then other guys have already done it anyway and it will mean less to her.

12. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

If you live in the US I would believe it would be quite hard this time of year to actually pick flowers on the way over there unless your going to a flower shop to pick them. I wouldnt choose a rose on a first date unless it was white. Carnations are a good choice as well. Roses in society we have depicted them to mean love, "love" on first date = desperate, your choice though.

13. dew

dew Banned

shell like it girls love flowers idk why but they start crying n shit when i give them flwoers

14. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Active Member

Don't bring a flower to a first date... you'll freak her out and overwhelm her. Just be a gentleman and courteous and all that. What's she going to think when you don't bring something on subsequent dates?

Flowers and all that shit are for special occasions, not every time you see each other.

15. afterShock81

afterShock81 If I could only have one food for the rest of my l

very good point

16. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

Where u taking her? Many nice "romantic type" restaurants have single flowers for sale. Maybe you can call ahead and have it put in the table where you made the reservation.

17. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Not necessarily...

My favorite date ever was when a guy had flowers sent to my work for the first date. On the card he asked me to dinner. I thought it was SOO sweet. In part it was an apology for cancelling what was supposed to be our first date... which was an excellent way to make up for it but even if it hadn't been an apology as well I still would have been floored and flattered. I didn't expect it all the time. Or even on special occassions although it is nice.

To me it means more to be thought of in those ways on all the other days than on certain obvious days. You know you mean something when the off days of the year are the ones you are thought of on. Just a card or something... nothing huge. Not saying it has to happen all the time...

If you are interested in something serious then I don't see a problem with it at all. :dunno: If that's what the goal is and you like her that much then there is nothing wrong with giving the impression that you are taking it seriously.

If you don't know if that is what you are looking for or you aren't interested in anything serious then I'd definately say don't do it. You will only confuse things.

18. BlazinBlazer Guy

:werd: THANK YOU. Voice of reason. :bigthumb:

19. BlazinBlazer Guy

That's kinda how I look at it (and hope that most girls look at it), too. I keep thinking back to hearing how different flowers/colors mean different things, too.... I don't remember though what the ideal "first date flower" was, though. I think at one time they said a red rose was "comming on too strong" but I dunno.

20. Epiphany

I think it depends really how well you know the person. How long you've known them... how comfortable you are. Some relationships have the ability to start out a little hotter than others. If you barely know them that would be a whole different story than if you have gotten to know them for awhile and have an obvious chemistry.

Personally I'd take whatever I get happily. Roses are nice. As a whole they have a lot more meaning as a whole and also including color due to their popularity but they just seem so commercial to me. I like tulips better. :) As long as they aren't carnations (gag) I think you're good! ;)

21. dark cloud

dark cloud New Member

What are you doing for the first date? j/w

22. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:werd: an ex of mine used to bring me one flower just about every day i saw him. i loved it, but sometimes it was a little excessive. :dunno:

i like surprises... :) so getting stuff just because it's tradition = :down:. ie... valentine's day. meh...

and cards mean a lot to me! i love a well spoken/picked card :)

23. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

oh... i forgot... heh :o... i love new things, so imma girl that would LOVE the plant :)

it's new and fun, imo :) i would do it, but that's just me. it would win me over ;)

24. BlazinBlazer Guy

Yeah, but you're a very odd duckling :p

Oh, and I refuse to submit to the commercial card empire. I make my own and include obscure stuff that I know the person will like. :o

25. Epiphany

Yeah... it loses the excitement of it if it's done too often like that. This guy used to get me little things all the time. Not every day (I really didn't get to see him all that often) but at least once a week. He'd send me a text message telling me he got me something and make me wait till I'd see him to find out what it was. It was fun! :) and it was sweet to know that he was thinking about me so often when I wasn't around.

He'd pick up on things I talked about. Like I like sausage egg mcmuffins... so he found some in the frozen food section at the grocery store and got them for me. He got me free tanning passes from his friend (nothing he had to pay for) after I told him that I like to go every now and then to keep my pastey self looking alive. Just little stuff... nothing major. He'd text me all day... every single day. Call me a couple times a day... every single day... took me out to eat a bunch. Took me to parties... had a great time.

Unfortunately I never got to eat those egg mc muffins. :wtc: I told him I wanted to see him more often cause i was only seeing him about 1 ...maybe 2 times a week. Only dated him about a month and a half. He ended up telling me he never meant to lead me to believe he was looking for something serious. :hsugh: Although... he had told just about everyone we both knew that he wanted me for his girlfriend so bad before we started talkin.

I hate head games. Be clear what you mean....