Bringing back the dinosaurs.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by deusexaethera, Sep 5, 2005.

1. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I don't like to throw out old computers. I have two old eMachines with Pentium 3s in them and I want to buy a dual cpu motherboard so I can get some more life out of the two Frankensteined together into one. But I'd like to not buy a new case; that is, I want to buy a MICRO ATX dual pentium 3 motherboard. And no, I don't want the large fries and a drink.

Does such a thing exist, or has it ever existed, and does anybody know who made it?

2. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

micro atx and dual cpu are typically not 2 things that go together. also to run a dual cpu system, the cpu's must be identical, so if one of a 550 and one is a 600, it won't work.

3. deusexaethera

The CPUs are identical. And I assumed that MATX would be too small. I just wanted to see if anybody knows of such a board. And I still want to see if anyone does.

4. Repentinus

Repentinus New Member

Well I put my searching skills to use and viola.....nada. Like Dan said, MATX and dual procs don't go together. Smallest board I could find is an ATX Board.

5. deusexaethera

Same. But, I went ahead and assumed that I didn't know about all of the shady, dingy back-alley shops on the Unternet (typo intended), so I asked the shady, dingy people here.

:grin: