Bringing back dead red paint, use high or low speed on buffer?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Pussysmith, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

So I want to get some of that wax that is colored from the parts store to start waxing the dead red back to some life. Should I just glob it on the pad and run it at high or low speed? Then follow up with some AIO and SG? I was thinking rubbing compound is too harsh so instead I would get red colored wax and hit the car hard with it. Or is there something better for removing the oxidized paint.

2. seismic

seismic New Member

Have you ever used a buffer? You will do more harm than good if you haven't.

3. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Those colored cleaners/waxes/whatever are garabage, save your money. You need to invest in a PC and some polishes.

4. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

Yeah I have used a buffer. Whats a good polish to bring back the dead? I want it to be store bought though, nothing fancy.

5. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

A buffer... do you mean a PC? Or a cheapie 10 inch $30 one.

As for polishes, you aren't going to really find any store bought ones to do what you want. You might be able to find a Meguiar's distributor near you to get something you can use. Also, with out at least a pic, it will be hard to recommend something to you.

6. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

No cheapie $30, and no PC that everyone seems to think is the only right angle buffer in the world on this forum. I have a Craftsman right angle buffer that looks like like a PC but is about 20 years old and still kicks ass and has an aluminum head where the buffing wheel shaft comes out. And yes I can use it. I will get up a pic soon, thanks.

7. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

For a Dual Action, there is nothing better than a PC. IF you mean a rotary, that is something different, several brands are good.

8. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

What I own is made by craftsman. It looks like a beast, it spins only round and round and I guarantee does the same thing as a PC. Am I wrong?

9. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

No, it is not the same. PC is dual action, what you have is a rotary. If you know how to use it then it is fine provided you can actually get pads for it. I haven't heard of anyone using them though, usually, Makita, DeWalt, Metabo, Fien, etc.