Bring it to life.....

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Swoop411, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Swoop411

Swoop411 Guest

I have done alot of searching and reading tonite on this forum and still dont have an answer for some questions. I just bought a 1990 240sx and the paint is just complete garbage! Its been repainted and the previous owner has obviously never heard of waxing a car....or washing it for that matter. But it is a project car so I wasnt too concerned with the asthetics of the paint. For goofs I tried using my orbital and some Mother's Cleaner/Wax on a section of the hood and it shined it up a bit. Its going to be a month or two till the body shop can get around to painting it so I was wanting to try and restore what shine I can to the paint. Its so neglected and orange peeled I think my best course of action would be to wet sand the whole car, then follow up with a polishing compound and wax. I looked on the meguiars site and couldnt find the how-to on wetsanding. I know you use 1500-2000 grit sandpaper and a sanding block but past that its a gray area to me! Like I said...the paint is very neglected and feels like sandpaper to the touch! It used to be red and now its orange...you get the idea. Anyone willing to give me some advice on what I can do to try and liven the paint up? Thanks in advance!

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Let the body shop take care of it, you'll be glad you did.

3. Swoop411

Swoop411 Guest

Im not trying to be argumentative here, I was just wanting to do it for the experience. Ive never worked with anything harsher than regular old waxes and polishes so this was an opportunity for me to learn and experiment. If I mess up its no loss because the car is being repainted anyways, but if I make it look better I learned a valuable skill.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator