MIL Breast Insignia from another service?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by nsxrebel, Jun 26, 2009.

1. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

I'm back in the Corps, as some of you know, I was in the guard for a while and I earned my aircrew wings in the chairforce. Am I authorized to wear breast insignia from another service on my Marine uniforms?

2. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

What does the Marine Corps Uniform Regulation state....it should tell you what's authorized and what's not from sister services.

3. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

well what does it state... I wanna know?

4. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

MCO P1020.34G
    4002. Breast Insignia
    1. General
    e. Other U.S. service pilot/navigator insignia and foreign pilot insignia may be worn, but only as authorized in subparagraph 4002.3

f. Other U.S. service pilot/navigator insignia or foreign pilot insignia earned while the individual was a member of the foreign or other U.S. service may be worn provided the insignia is a duly authorized qualification insignia. These insignia may be worn on the right breast, in the same manner as Navy/Marine Corps insignia are worn on the left breast, without specific CMC authorization.

Looks like I'm golden. Now I gotta drive to the nearest afb and get me some wings!

5. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

You see army guys walking around with Marine Corps combat patches :coolugh:

6. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

That's a whole different monster right there. Marine Corps doesn't authorize combat patches to be worn on any uniform, not since WW II. We have the Combat Action Ribbon. Army units that were attached to Marine divisions in a combat environment rate to wear that Marine Division's "combat patch". I hear prior Marines wear the Marine "combat patch" when they are in the Army. What a mess.

7. MrRyan

I've heard that the Marine Patches are "Un-Authorized" for wear as a "Combat Patch" on the Army ACUs

8. MrRyan

:wavey:

9. Julius

Julius Guest

sometimes their CARs are converted to CIBs if their job is an infantry equivalent. maybe the same thing is done for the newer CAB, i'm not exactly sure.

but then again, we're the army and we're fucking psychos when it comes to awards/decorations. so confusing.

10. MrRyan

air force patches

11. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

They're kinda like the squadron patches in the wing side of the Corps. They were briefly authorized to wear by Marines during WWII, when the Corps was required to wear the Army uniform, to distinguish themselves from the Army. I think they were also authorized in WWI.

More recently, apparently Army units that were attached to a Marine Division in combat, rate to wear that division's patch as a combat patch, but Marines are not authorized to do so as has been for quite a while now.

Now some prior Marines that go to the Army are wearing their old Division's patch to show they were Marines and their combat experience. I'm not sure if that's within Army regs though. These patches were worn in the same style the Army wears theirs.

Here are 1st-6th Marine Division patches.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

So I went down to IPAC(admin) earlier today to turn in all my certs so it can get updated on my record to start wearing my wings. Should be in the system by Monday or Tuesday. Now I have to order a set online or drive and hour or so to the nearest AFB.